Coniston- January 1967/January 2013/2014

malcolm uk

Re: Coniston- January 1967/January 2013

Post by malcolm uk »

Renegadenemo wrote:Another thing I forgot to mention was that I really enjoyed doing that little presentation at the Waterhead. It was a lot of fun with plenty of audience participation. :D
And one of the audience asked THE question .............

In and amongst the 'anoraks', Campbell devotees, speed enthusiasts and a stakeholder or two Bill managed to pitch his presentation at just the correct level for all to enjoy.

Well done and many thanks.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Edwin said during a recent visit that it was Sir Malcolm's car but for some reason I always believed Donald owned it! However I cannot recall why at this precise moment in time Mike but it may come to me.
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

In and amongst the 'anoraks', Campbell devotees, speed enthusiasts and a stakeholder or two Bill managed to pitch his presentation at just the correct level for all to enjoy.
Thank you, Sir Malcolm... very kind of you to say so. By the way - it should be noted that we use the expression 'anorak' or 'speed freak' with the same affection as when we trade grievous insults in the workshop. :D
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Digitaljunior

Post by Digitaljunior »

Even though I am still sulking because I didn't know you were coming up to Coniston, here is latest press article.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Who's the skinny bloke in the tie? Looks nothing like Bill!
I'll have you know that I wore that shirt only today and I filled it admirably. Skinny indeed!

Richie

Post by Richie »

Was going to say that was the guy formerly known as "Bill the diver" now known as "Bill the blimp" Or "big Bill" or often "crusty old Bill" mind you i myself never refer to Bill by any of these titles.... And I might add if he slips me a small donation I might divulge to him who does :twisted:
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

I thought it was illegal to bribe Old Bill? Or can he buy two tickets to the policeman's ball? ;-)
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I will have you all know that I am not fat, bald an middle-aged at all. I am mature, circumferencially-challenged and have a follicular deficit. No, on second thoughts, forget the mature part. I'm just getting old.

Graham Milne

Post by Graham Milne »

I spent new year at Coniston, another great stay in the village but I wish I'd known everyone was coming as I'd have extended my stay to try and meet everyone. Hopefully next time though.

I tried to buy the already-assembled model of K7 that's been in the window of the newsagent since I started visiting Coniston 4 years ago, but it's not for sale unfortunately. My attempt of the Speedline model ended in the bin (bad temper trying to assemble the damned thing....)

If anyone knows where I can buy an already assembled/painted speedline model, please let me know.
Looks like one of those new 'Japanese' sportscars..............
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Hi Graham,

I have no connection with Adrian or the Company however here is a link to the website, not sure if they are still in production, sorry;

http://www.speedlinemodels.com/page29aaa.html

Regards

Chris