Rosco McGlashan's Aussie Invader 5R

rob565uk

Re: Rosco McGlashan's Aussie Invader 5R

Post by rob565uk »

Thanks for the link Mike.

It's a very interesting site and I agree that although Bloodhound SSC is the obvious candidate for Brit support in general, Rosco's refreshingly bold and direct approach and his amazing vehicle are more than worthy of support too.

Go Rosco! (with apologies to W. Cdr Green :D )

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Rosco has received support over many years from British Engineer John Ackroyd (Thrust 2 designer/engineer), as Rosco's earlier cars were similar in concept to T2. The solid wheels on AI5R have been made to John's design. 'Ackers' also gives advice and comment to the team on general engineering matters.

All teams have issues with programming and funding. Even American Ed Shadle who has a running car in the North American Eagle has trouble finding the funds to run the car on public lands in the USA.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
ozjet400

Post by ozjet400 »

Rosco is the real deal, nice guy too, we hope and are sure he can get the job done with the LSR...., Rosco is also an extremely funny guy.... thru my teen's and early 20's I couldn't wait to catch up with him, as he and KW were on the jet car seen together a fair bit back then, Rosco would Drive KW's second jet funny car every now and then too, Once at a race meet in Melbourne after we packed the transporter up we all went to get something to eat at a diner at around 1am, Rosco was encouraging the team to do a runner, not pay the bill for dinner.... he went and checked the toilet and said the window was open, quick...lets go !!!..after a while Rosco put his pink wallet on the table and told KW "I'm buying"...... KW said "I got it Rosco its ok".... Rosco then wrestled with KW and then ran off to pay the tab...... every day was a laugh with him... a real prankster

When I was around 18 we were touring across Australia to race in Western Australia, While on the east coast Rosco was telling me how he had a Blue corvette and how good it was etc and that once I got to Perth, I could drive it... so I was looking forward to getting over there, and have a run in this great car he had told me about,..... once at the drag strip I was looking around for this cool looking car, then a few minutes later Rosco turns up in his blue Hillman Hunter.... and said Here's my Blue Corvette Dave, look after it mate !!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I love that Rosco's merchandise includes a 'stubby holder'- good Aussie priorities there!
I thought that was brilliant too so soon we'll be offering a BBP fine bone china teacup and saucer...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

I'll take one of those Old Boy ..... One has to keep up standards, don't you know :-)

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Renegadenemo wrote:
I love that Rosco's merchandise includes a 'stubby holder'- good Aussie priorities there!
I thought that was brilliant too so soon we'll be offering a BBP fine bone china teacup and saucer...
Must take ages to drink a pint out of one of those...:0)
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

In the years running up to Thrust SSC setting the supersonic record I was willing Rosco to break the World Land Speed Record held at the time by Thrust II . The man has been to hell and back in his attempts to gain this accolade over many years. He has had a few choice words to say about the Campbell Circus being backed to the hilt by the Australian Government and Army etc but that is understandable given the struggle the man has had over the years. Even wearing his lucky black undies ( I do hope he has changed them by now :? ) during his many attempts in ever evolving cars he has had such bad luck i.e by hit timing gear, running into a water covered course at very high speed coming out of the measured distance, escaped a fumed filled cockpit and had timing gear fail to record his speeds etc etc etc! If ever a man deserved the record because of shear persistence and relentless determination over many years Rosco doe's. I feel now and felt then for the guy and I do hope he can achieve his lifetimes ambition of becoming the Fasted Man on Earth before the record is raised even higher.

Having said that my first impression of the new car was positive however the wheels being used seem massive! The forces generated on that part of the car is immense and my opinion as a layman is they don't look good when you compare then to Thrust II or Thurst SSC or the new Bloodhound. Other than that the car looks great and I wish Rosco the best of luck in gaining the record.
Novie
I've Gone
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Renegadenemo

Re: Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

Post by Renegadenemo »

Don't forget our mate Rosco... His latest newsletter hot off today's press. You have to love this bloke... :D

http://woocomcampaigner.woocom.com.au/e ... &k=74755e4

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

0-1000mph - 20 seconds. Rather you than me, Rosco!

rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

If accelerating at a steady rate over the 20 seconds, the average g force would be 2.28 g. But as acceleration will no doubt be more brisk initially and then roll off as speed increases, higher peak g forces will occur at the start of the run. Rosco - deep respect, Sir !!