Michael Schumacher/Formula 1

mtskull

Re: Michael Schumacher/Formula 1

Post by mtskull » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:02 pm

Dominic Owen wrote:
Does anyone want to join in a chorus of "You only sing when you're winning.."?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.

quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:43 pm

Deary me, this is making McLaren and Williams - who have stuck at F1 through periods of utter hellishness - look like the real winners ...

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/renault-consi ... ml#vWoGzV4

Nigel

Dangermouse

Post by Dangermouse » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:41 am

I'm told that the other rumour doing the rounds is that Renault might want to buy an existing team and go back into the sport as a works outfit. STR have apparently been mentioned as a possible candidate, presumably as they're doing more impressive things with the engines than Red Bull are at the moment (especially if you think of it in € spent per point won terms).
Matt in Mid Wales

quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Wed May 06, 2015 7:22 pm

Love the new McLaren livery. After 18 years in silver, they were due a change ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32611280

Style and good taste by the bucketful. That's McLaren.

Nigel

Terminator

Post by Terminator » Sun May 10, 2015 10:33 pm

A current headline is Michael Schumachers wife has sold their private jet valued at 25million. Reason being given by the press is he won't be needing it anymore! Their Holiday home in Norway has also gone and thinking of selling the chalet in France. I would say she is gathering the war chest so to speak, as Michaels care is not cheap and going to burn a considerable hole in their finances with his 24/7 full on intensive care. Even with Millions still coming in from his business affairs it will cost a fortune. :shock:

Novie
Still Hoping for a miracle
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Mon May 11, 2015 12:10 am

A current headline is Michael Schumachers wife has sold their private jet valued at 25million. Reason being given by the press is he won't be needing it anymore! Their Holiday home in Norway has also gone and thinking of selling the chalet in France. I would say she is gathering the war chest so to speak, as Michaels care is not cheap and going to burn a considerable hole in their finances with his 24/7 full on intensive care. Even with Millions still coming in from his business affairs it will cost a fortune. :shock:
Balancing the books is that people with such devastating brain injuries usually only cling on for about five years at best so hopefully there'll be enough left in the pot for his unfortunate family to rebuild their lives once the inevitable catches up with them. Got to be realistic about such things.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes

Voltaire's apology when he wrote a long letter: "I didn't have time to make it shorter."

quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Mon May 11, 2015 12:17 pm

Michael was said to be earning adjacent to USD100 million per annum in his final years with Ferrari. Hopefully his long and stellar career will mean that all will be well on that front.

Nigel

Terminator

Post by Terminator » Mon May 11, 2015 11:25 pm

Renegadenemo wrote:
Balancing the books is that people with such devastating brain injuries usually only cling on for about five years at best so hopefully there'll be enough left in the pot for his unfortunate family to rebuild their lives once the inevitable catches up with them. Got to be realistic about such things.
You know me old chap "never say die" ;)
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris » Tue May 12, 2015 10:01 am

Fully understand why the ski Chalet has been sold, with it being so close to the scene of the accident. Its not exactly going to bring back happy memories.

As for the jet, if I had a 25m asset sat around doing nothing but costing me money I'd sell it too. Fair play to Michaels wife Corinna for stepping up and taking control of the half billion dollar business that is Michael Schumacher. So I feel the Ski Chalet and jet sale are a mere drop in the ocean in terms of monetary value, can't see the begging bowl coming out any-time soon yet.

quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr » Wed May 13, 2015 1:54 pm

For anyone with a head for numbers, an interesting piece here on F1's payment structure ...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118955

Nigel