Michael Schumacher/Formula 1

Terminator

Re: Michael Schumacher

Post by Terminator »

I keep checking every day and still no news of them attempting to awaken him from the coma just yet. If they did and nothing was happening I wonder if the Hospital and authorities would allow a grid of F1 cars to make some noise outside the hospital? Perhaps even have a short race around the grounds. I hope and pray he pulls though.

Novie
Only time will tell.
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Sad to say, but I fear he's knackered. So hope I'm wrong but he's going to need a miracle.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

I do hope you are wrong on this occasion Mr.Smith. The BBC today were saying the Docs are happy with things at the moment and are not worried about the length of time he has been under. I started to listen to your Gary Hartstein piece but at forty odd minutes long had to leave it ten mins in but sounds a great guy and down to earth. Will pick it up again if I get the time to sit still for that length of time :shock: chance will be a fine thing!!
Novie
Only time will tell.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I do hope you are wrong on this occasion Mr.Smith.
Not half as much as I do but then, harsh as this sounds, something like this happening to someone with a high public profile often benefits the greater good despite the obvious anguish of those closely affected. Take the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation, for example.

http://www.christopherreeve.org/site/c. ... out_Us.htm

And all because he fell off a horse...

quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

More-positive news about Schumacher today ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-25963926

Even before this announcement was made, a neurosurgeon at Addenbrooke's was saying yesterday that - based on the available information - Schumacher could stage a recovery.

Time alone will tell.

N.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Blinking Hell :)
I just checked in on latest news and Schuey has been responding to simple instruction apparently and even blinked at one point. Still has a long way to go though so he is not out of the woods yet. Superman "Christopher Reeve" falling of a horse and ending up paralyzed and with tubes hanging out of him. Not good that and just goes to show at any given time we are all open to such accidents no matter how much wealth or stardom you hold!

I always meant to go and see Schuey race but always something came up and i never got to go for one reason or another! Spa would have been my preferred choice. The show ain't over until the fat lady sings and I ain't heard not fat lady singing yet so come on Schuey a few more laps to go matey dig deep. :)
Novie
Only time will tell.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Terminator

Post by Terminator »

F1 legend Michael Schumacher is battling against pneumonia as doctors try to bring him out of the artificial coma he has lain in for over six weeks, it was revealed today.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... z2t9MPUyl8
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

Update today and its only speculation as nothing has been confirmed yet officially but it does not sound good having an infection on top of everything! I myself have been ill this past several days with a chest infection and hope this latest info proves to be incorrect.
Novie
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I think a spot of pneumonia is fairly standard issue when lying about in a coma for a while. Not the biggest obstacle he faces.

sbt

Post by sbt »

Dr Hartstein has blogged on progress recently and is, on the whole (and whilst emphasising that he is speculating), not optimistic. He may be speculating but I'd take one page of his speculation against a whole roomful of reports from Bild, the Daily Mail etc.

He also Tweeted about the Pneumonia. This is indeed normal for someone who has been Intubated to help them breathe - it occurs 72-96 hours after Intubation.

News about Michael, as Dr Hartstein says in his blog, has always been very tightly controlled.

As an aside I had a quick conversation with our senior H&S bloke today regarding Brain Injury. Our First Aiders know to do an evaluation and to get professional help if required if someone has been knocked unconscious. However a lot of staff may not think to call a First Aider in that situation. As Michael shows you can be very seriously injured and be walking around seeming pretty normal for a while after what is actually a life-threatening event. So he's going to put out some publicity to remind people about this.

Another aside - apparently your regional Neurological department will be taking in around 2 patients a DAY with levels of injury in the same class as Michaels.