Michael Schumacher/Formula 1

quicksilver-wsr

Re: Michael Schumacher/Formula 1

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

Michael was said to be earning adjacent to USD100 million per annum in his final years with Ferrari. Hopefully his long and stellar career will mean that all will be well on that front.

Nigel
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Renegadenemo wrote:
A current headline is Michael Schumachers wife has sold their private jet valued at 25million. Reason being given by the press is he won't be needing it anymore! Their Holiday home in Norway has also gone and thinking of selling the chalet in France. I would say she is gathering the war chest so to speak, as Michaels care is not cheap and going to burn a considerable hole in their finances with his 24/7 full on intensive care. Even with Millions still coming in from his business affairs it will cost a fortune. :shock:
Balancing the books is that people with such devastating brain injuries usually only cling on for about five years at best so hopefully there'll be enough left in the pot for his unfortunate family to rebuild their lives once the inevitable catches up with them. Got to be realistic about such things.
You know me old chap "never say die" ;)
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Fully understand why the ski Chalet has been sold, with it being so close to the scene of the accident. Its not exactly going to bring back happy memories.

As for the jet, if I had a 25m asset sat around doing nothing but costing me money I'd sell it too. Fair play to Michaels wife Corinna for stepping up and taking control of the half billion dollar business that is Michael Schumacher. So I feel the Ski Chalet and jet sale are a mere drop in the ocean in terms of monetary value, can't see the begging bowl coming out any-time soon yet.
quicksilver-wsr

For anyone with a head for numbers, an interesting piece here on F1's payment structure ...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/118955

Nigel
quicksilver-wsr

On the eve of the first anniversary of his great achievement at Monaco, hope fades for poor Bianchi ...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119090

Nigel
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

hope fades for poor Bianchi ...
Once upon a time such a casualty would simply have died... You have to wonder if the medical profession sometimes takes a backward step.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

I agree wholeheartedly with you Bill, sometimes nature can be a better judge of the best course of action than all the doctors in the world..
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
quicksilver-wsr

Good to see Hamilton back on pole for tomorrow's race.

British driver, showing the way 8-)

Nigel
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

A year on after Michael came out of his coma precious signs of progress

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... gress.html
quicksilver-wsr

I've read that piece, and maybe I haven't read it properly, but I could not see any indications of fresh progress or any new information in it.

I think it is more a case of marking the "one year on from coming out of the coma" than anything else.

There is always a chance of a miracle, I guess.

Nigel