Happy New Year

Renegadenemo

Re: Happy New Year

Post by Renegadenemo »

.....and if you need regular updates, you can subscribe to their journal "Winking World" .....
Thanks for that - another gap in my education filled.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

I appreciate this is not Bluebird related but saw that BLOODHOUND's Chief Aerodynamicist Ron Ayers, 81, has been awarded an MBE in the Queen's New Year honours list.
quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

ace_chris wrote:Bloodhound's Chief Aerodynamicist Ron Ayers, 81, has been awarded an MBE in the Queen's New Year honours list.
This was very well-deserved indeed. Ron has been "quietly getting on with it" for years and years now, and never receives - nor seeks, I might add - the widespread public recognition for his work that the Norris brothers received as a result of their association with Donald.

That said, it is a great pity Ken and Lew weren't similarly honoured in their day.

MBEs - or even OBEs - would not have been misplaced in their case, bearing in mind the extent of Donald's achievements with their designs and expertise, and the national prestige which resulted.

Nigel
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Aye but it winds me up no end when you see the likes of Camerons barber getting the same award. Takes the shine off them that have at least done something to deserve it
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong