Archive Video

jonwrightk7

Re: Archive Video

Post by jonwrightk7 »

as long as it doesnt go to silly money id be interested. thought that film was "lost"? :?
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Hi Neil
I think your suggestion of clubbing together may be a great idea. Its clear no one individual is going to nab the blighter except for the extremely rich folk. However if you have not already done so might it be an idea to ask the seller a few questions regarding the origin of this archive footage and the possible implications regarding copyright? I have no accouint or history with ebay. I for one would certainly be interested in putting a few quid in the pot to purchase the footage have it cleaned up etc and professionally transferred to D.V.D. And a copy to be made available to each player in the purchasing pot do you think? I also know a few others whom would come on board and if the archive footage and rights can be acquired why not for the B.B project to sell and raise funds for the project like the John Lomax D.V.D? Hundreds of them have been sold locally. What do you think Neil let me know if you want to get in touch Bill has my Mobile No. OK.

Novie

I'll Be back
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

This was the response I got from the seller;

Hello,

bought this from a film from a elderly gentleman a few years ago he had some really intresting items ie footage that he had shot himself of diana dors etc i do not know the origin of this film or if its original but i do not think it was professional as you can see in the pics it looks amatuerish and when campbell crashes the camera man holds the camera down ans has his hand over the lens even though his still filming
sorry i do not have more infomation.
Please not as i said in my listing the photos do not do the film justice it is really ex colour/not scratched and has a real feel of of what happened unlike the b/w footage ive seen where the only impact is the voice saying "im going im going".

Chris
KW Mitchell

Post by KW Mitchell »

If, as the vendor claims, the video was taken by an amateur - and it would have to have been a very committed one working in 16mm as compared to 8mm in those days - plus the fact that it's been shot from the closer proximity of the Eastern shore, this material could have huge ramifications historically.

If copyright issues were solved or not an issue, the addition of the material to say other 'Work in Progress' DVD's by BBP could be an added attraction -------.
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

I think it is the canadian footage, but obviously a copy. Given the inability for non media companies to source this type of film, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

We need a definition of silly money. I think it is going to go for a number in the low thousands of pounds. I would guess the reserve must be at least £500.

With regard to copies, I did not envision them being marketed, but being made available to fellow enthusiasts. We are not certain of any copyright infringement.

I suspect we need a commitment from each member how much they are willing to contribute to the syndicate - say minimum £200.... we would then have a fighting fund to ensure we win. If it comes out less than that, then so much the better. We would then have an asset to do with what we please, within reason....

WE NEED TO MAKE SOME DECISIONS QUICKLY THOUGH.
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

These were the replies I got from the seller to a few questions I asked:

Is this the Canadian footage shot by CBC?
What is the film condition?
Are the frames scratched?
Has the film being restored?
Do you make any claim on the copyright?
Would I be able to pick the film up for collection rather than
post?

Thank you for your email to answer your questions I have not seen footage shot by cbc and i do not know who shot this film,the frames are not scratched,i am not sure what you mean when you ask if the film has been restored,i dont make any claim on the copyright, collection is fine but would prefer payment first

KW Mitchell wrote:If, as the vendor claims, the video was taken by an amateur - and it would have to have been a very committed one working in 16mm as compared to 8mm in those days - plus the fact that it's been shot from the closer proximity of the Eastern shore, this material could have huge ramifications historically.

If copyright issues were solved or not an issue, the addition of the material to say other 'Work in Progress' DVD's by BBP could be an added attraction -------.
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
klingon

Post by klingon »

Perhaps we could ask the dude to accept a buy it now on it and declare who the Project actually are?-the guy has massive positive feedback and seems a genuine sort-perhaps he may accept an offer from the people who actually have Bluebird in the workshop!-try it and see? :)
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

I suspect he can see the £ sign with quite a few zero's after it. Bidding now at £510 with the reserve met.

Can we get a syndicate together? what would people be willing to pledge. my suspicion is that whoever buys it, it will not see light of day again, and the opportunity will be lost.

N

klingon wrote:Perhaps we could ask the dude to accept a buy it now on it and declare who the Project actually are?-the guy has massive positive feedback and seems a genuine sort-perhaps he may accept an offer from the people who actually have Bluebird in the workshop!-try it and see? :)

jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

i would be willing to put up a hundered quid :)
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

Thanks Jon. much appreciated. we are on our way...

Can all interested parties send me a personal mail from now on so any other parties interested in bidding individually are not privvy to the size of our fighting fund. If we do this right, everyone will be a winner.

All the best,

Neil

my personal email is sheppane@gmail.com
jonwrightk7 wrote:i would be willing to put up a hundered quid :)