Bill Vanryne

sheppane

Bill Vanryne

Post by sheppane »

It is with very great sadness that I report that Bill Vanryne has passed away after a prolonged period of poor health. Bill was of enourmous help to me in writhing the book, and provided invaluable assistance to the BBP with regards the air start system. I and other friends will miss his enthusiasm and memories from his involvment with DC's last record attempt. He became a true friend. Here is a picture from happier times. Bill is 3rd from left in B&W image and 2nd from Right in the colour one.
Rest in peace Bill.
Sincere condolences to the Vanryne family for their loss.
1280504_649240928427221_776024521_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
Renegadenemo

Re: Bill Vanryne

Post by Renegadenemo »

Aye, another one gone to that big workshop in the sky.
Bill was a great chap, full of enthusiasm though deaf as a post. He was thrilled that we got his air system working again. At one point there was much research going on between me, the archivist at Goodrich Power Systems (who inherited Lucas Rotax), Barry Hares and Bill in an effort to identify a tiny part from the over-pressure valves on the start bottles. It was the Goodrich people who finally found the info and the drawing and mailed it over. I, in turn, mailed it to Barry to have a couple of these things made and sent it to Bill too as a courtesy whilst explaining that Barry would make a pair of parts by the weekend.

"Tell him not to bother," said Bill. "I have some of those in my tool box."

It's a shame he's gone but at least he got to see his part of K7 up and running again and a particularly fond memory of him is that he'd always sign his mails the same way.

A. T. V.B. O .B.L.

It stands for All The Very Best Of British Luck. Thanks, Bill. R.I.P.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.