Bluebird K4 Proprider

quicksilver-wsr

Re: Bluebird K4 Proprider

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

Yes, Steve - it would more than likely have been Into the Water Barrier. I don't have my own copy any longer, alas, as it went to a dealer along with many, many more treasured books, so I can't check.

There were six or seven folks in the big, framed photo. As you say, each person in the shot received one as a memento. From memory, Leo was sitting in one cockpit, with Donald, Reid Railton, Bert Denly, and co. huddled alongside. The neat thing was the hand-colouring, which was very much in vogue at around that time. The name of the artist who'd done this colouring was in one corner, if I remember right.

It was all beautifully executed - as well as being just a super image of Bluebird K4-as-prop-rider. Three-quarter front view, it was. And the boat looks very purposeful, yet elegant too. "Che bella macchina!"

And yes, the Oltranza Cup was right there in-shot.

Nigel
Speedfab

Post by Speedfab »

f1steveuk wrote:Well I thought a "skeg" was rudder and prop' support all in one, and I knew they had gone "offset", I was pointing out that it may have been a mistake, as the prop support at the stern doesn't look up to the job, and as shaft flexing is what "did for" K4, I thought it was worth pointing out.
That triangulated shaft support forward of the propeller is probably much more substantial than it looks. You should see what holds the prop shafts in 8000hp drag hydros. :shock:
Anyway, have you seen this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAHhMp1YCnA

Some close up stuff, but not much.
WOW! No, I've never seen that. Thank you very much! I feel a little sorry for poor Leo there... Yikes.
polo

Post by polo »

K4 2 seat.jpg
K4 2 seat at speed.jpg
Just found these Geoff Halliwell photos in my files
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

Have finally obtained a kit of the proprider.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.