Thanks for clearing that up Polo!
Sounds like a plan then Bill, hehe!
Cheers
Wayne

Renegadenemo

Re: Return to the Water

Post by Renegadenemo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 am

Sounds like a plan then Bill, hehe!
Frankly, it's sad as sad can be if we have to creep up on running on Coniston to satisfy those with a rose-tinted view of it all behind the backs of those who ought to have the balls to facilitate it in the first place.
Far better that we work with deserving communities who want this and want to work with us. It's difficult enough without obstacles that oughtn't exist in the first place.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

midlife

Return to the Water

Post by midlife » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:30 am

Hi Bill,
I’d dearly love to see K7 up on her wedges at speed on Coniston, unfortunately I was only 3 the last time she did.
I think you’re bang on though, the proving trials definitely need to go to a deserving community.
I know plenty of Scots, over half of the team I work in are based at our Inchinnan plant near Glasgow airport, their “can do” attitude is quite infectious.
What the community at Bute have displayed is that self same “can do” attitude, giving the team the thumbs up to run so quickly & sorting out the logistics of getting K7 to the Highland Games, incredible, I think it must be something in the water (or the Tennants) up there.
In my book Bute deserve a massive pat on the back[.]
Perhaps the under cover of darkness Ninja thing could be saved for sneaking K7 into the Ruskin?
Cheers
Wayne

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:53 am

Perhaps the under cover of darkness Ninja thing could be saved for sneaking K7 into the Ruskin?
That's another matter altogether. The boat can only go in there once the contracts and agreements are set in stone so we can be sure of getting her back out whenever we like for anti-det work, charitable events and that sort of thing. No way will she be wheeled in there, the door closed behind her and that's that. I'll personally build a Campbell/Bluebird museum on Tyneside and display her to the public here before that ever happens.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:13 am

Need to put a 3d 360 view camera on teds helmet

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:44 am

Personally I'd say we need to ready, safely transport, launch and float the boat first before we worry about anything like that!

...and don't forget Stew- we have two drivers.

mtskull

Post by mtskull » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:25 am

Renegadenemo wrote:
Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 am
Frankly, it's sad as sad can be if we have to creep up on running on Coniston to satisfy those with a rose-tinted view of it all behind the backs of those who ought to have the balls to facilitate it in the first place.
Very sad indeed and also somewhat self-defeating with regards to the aim of demonstrating the boat to and inspiring as many people, of all ages, as possible.
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:39 pm

It's sad in that the proving trial is unlikely to be held on Coniston Water but they can still facilitate our inspiring the next generation by publicly releasing us to do it elsewhere.
That would be the hardest pill to try and swallow, if they did nothing to do justice to all this effort yet refused to allow an enthusiastic alternate partner to pick up the baton in their stead and without argument. Hopefully this will all come out in the wash.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

kevrust

Post by kevrust » Tue May 01, 2018 4:54 pm

Hi Bill. I never imagined the trouble you were having with the LDNPA, I think it's so wrong after the work you have put in to this project.After the lottery balls up, i find it hard to understand how can so many people be so blinkered. this must be a lifeline to some of the people of Coniston,I feel the world is so mixed up with do gooders and people that can have a say but have no balls, after following you and the team for so long i feel like they are giving me a kicking too, I will definitely support you all i can,i am a mobile mechanic supporting a family, but needs must. you have been at it too long to fail my friend. see you on Bute, Kev.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Tue May 01, 2018 11:57 pm

Cheers, Kev. You have indeed been with us a very long time chipping in a few quid as and when you can and ever supportive from the sidelines. Don't think it's gone unnoticed. I'll buy you a pint on Bute.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.