Return to the Water

Malcolm Ops

Re: Return to the Water

Post by Malcolm Ops » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:34 pm

Renegadenemo wrote:
Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:25 pm
It's all a bit academic because ............. the LDNPA would scupper them anyway.
.... and throwing an extra 31 of their stakeholders in the way that we are supposed to deal with does not bode well...
The LDNPA manage Coniston Water, so they control what can take place on it, but the Byelaws guide what can take place at speeds above 10mph. The 31 stakeholders identified by the LDNPA, of which 21 are "regularly and routinely consulted with regard to management issues on Coniston Water", include Coniston Parish Council [CPC] (and there are six (6) other Councils in the list too). I have not seen any 'weighting score' to suggest one group is superior to another, so what the CPC says seems to matter.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:46 am

Here's a question, Malcolm...

There's currently two impediments to Bluebird'd long awaited return to the lake. One is Coniston where all of our efforts to help over the past decade have fallen on deaf ears and now the job is too big for them in one lump when it ought to have been broken into bite-size pieces over many years. And the other is the Limitless Department of National Parochial Attitudes who once declared that they 'wanted' Bluebird then moved the goalposts at the last and are now bent on extreme arse-covering measures.

The hurdles re immense - almost insurmountable at this time, but...

Just suppose that Coniston woke up tomorrow suddenly realising the vast opportunity they stand to inherit if only for the application of some superhuman effort, cohesion and proactive work, not to mention their responsibility to the rest of a region that would doubtless like to benefit too, and they simply told the bureaucrats - listen, this is what's going to happen, this is when it's happening and you can like it or lump it!

Give them a fair bit of notice, I mean, the earliest we could possibly be ready is Aug 19 but the village couldn't. With the best will in the world they have a couple of years of planning ahead of them now to do this thing justice, so the BBP could get the boat about there then have a year working with the village to bash together a homecoming worthy of all our hard work whilst the Bureaucrats would have enough time to come to terms with their predicament.

My question is this - if the LDNPA decided to thwart the effort - and how catastrophic would that be for them! What exactly could they do about it?

Of course, in this scenario, we must assume that their 31 stakeholders also see the incoming, long-term benefits of thousands of kids saying, Mummy/Daddy, can we go to Coniston? (as mine do) for many years to come, and also turn the tables on the bureaucrats.

Never happen, I know... to achieve such results you need to be a tiny Scottish isle in the middle of the Clyde.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:39 pm

From BBC News, re LDNPA - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cumbria-43767068

Seems the LDNPA has a few problems.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:17 pm

Their biggest problem seems to be that either they actually have no authority whatsoever, or, if they do, they don't have the balls to wield it.
Same thing at the end of the day, which is why it's so unlikely they'll ever sort themselves out to the point where Bluebird can actually run on Coniston Water and the worst of that is that we'll likely get the blame!

PS - you might've used a pic of the rebuilt piston pump rather than it's scruffy, as-recovered self.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

I have wrought my simple plan
If I give one hour of joy
To the boy who’s half a man,
Or the man who’s half a boy.

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Re PS. If you send me a newer pic, I will.... ;)