Return to the Water

Malcolm Ops

Re: Isle of Bute

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Renegadenemo wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:23 pm the LDNPA ought to have been crushed out long ago by the juggernaut that Coniston should be driving their way.
Just took time out for an interesting exercise, as someone might do the same. The Isle of Bute at about 122 square kilometre (or perhaps kilometres square) would fit over the Grizedale and Furness Fells.

Therefore Coniston should perhaps be leading and involving at least their fellow towns and villages (and their occupants) which would include Skelwith Bridge, Ambleside, Windermere, Staveley, Newby Bridge, Spark Bridge, Penny Bridge, Blawith, Torver as well as Hawkshead, Near Sawrey, and high Nibthwaite.

If the Proving Trial is going to be bigger than the crew training on Loch Fad, then expanding the area for Cumbria that should/could support the Heritage Event and the Proving Trial (and put concerted pressure on the LDNPA) could extend west to the coast; south to Isle of Walney; east to the M6 motorway; north to Penrith/Carlisle/Wigton/Maryport. In other words the WHOLE of the area known that is known as the Lake District National Park!

[Maybe the hot weather is getting to me!]
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Techteam

Post by Techteam »

As I have said before your all looking at it from the wrong angle. You seem to think that LDNPA are interested in promoting the Lake District. Far from it, as they have proved in the past they are quite happy to slash their own throats in order to achieve what they want. In the past, there were quite large intelligent groups arranged against them to no avail. As much as it breaks my heart, as somebody who grew up and resides in the area and has been involved in record breaking on Coniston I fear the time has come to embrace the alternatives.
Malcolm Ops

Re: Return to the Water

Post by Malcolm Ops »

This abstract was posted by Techteam in the Isle of Bute thread, but it relates to Coniston and Coniston Water. [In the past the village has monitored this thread].

"As much as it breaks my heart, as somebody who grew up and resides in the area and has been involved in record breaking on Coniston I fear the time has come to embrace the alternatives."

If this is an accurate suggestion and I have no doubt that the words are sincere, this needs to be considered now by those in the village of Coniston who are supporting the K7 Proving Trial and the Heritage Festival Event which should run alongside the byelaw development runs and proving runs.

Once the BBP has left the Isle of Bute and the team has absorbed the lessons from operating the craft on water, such a decision will need to be taken rapidly, so that the return of Bluebird to Coniston can be planned for 2019.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh »

Techteam wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:56 am I fear the time has come to embrace the alternatives.
Lake Mead, Las Vegas?..... ;)
Richie

Post by Richie »

Lake Dumbleyung Australia.

see you there yes ? :P
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Italian lakes anyone?
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh »

you prep it, ill press it! :D

especially with the Italian lakes, its fair to say you haven't really been boat racing until you've been to Italy. They are properly mad for it... :P

slightly off topic methinks, sorry Mr Administrator...
Techteam

Post by Techteam »

I'm at Garda next weekend for a couple of days work, I'll scout around........
Richie

Post by Richie »

Garda would be good, I could do some sailing during down time.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Techteam

Post by Techteam »

Oltranza Cup Bill ??