Isle of Bute

ace_chris

Re: Isle of Bute

Post by ace_chris » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:12 pm

When are you guys planning on the all-out record attempt? You made it all look so flipping easy, and safe!! Obviously not with K7, but 12 months, a set of designs, and a welder, you can do it, easy!!!

ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:28 am

Ummm, no such thing as an easy record. Mincing along at 130 in something verified capable of double that is one thing, trying to nail an elusive long standing record where everyone who has tried has eaither failed or died at over 320 is another.
but i wouldn’t disagree that the combined experience of buildinding and operating such a craft shows the team is very capable of an attempt indeed.😎

zaskar

Post by zaskar » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:40 am

I know you guys get asked this a thousand times but please bear with me. :D

I came over last Monday and whilst having a FANTASTIC time (apart from pushing mother up that flippin' track in her wheelchair! - before we found the causeway! :lol: ) I was devastated not to see her run due to the fuelling issues. Would you believe we passed the hire van full of fuel as we left Rothsay dockside on the last ferry home!!!!! :cry: )

Anyway, I've got the chance to come over again for this Wednesday afternoon and all day Thursday...............just to see her run.
I know it's late in the day and I know you've no crystal ball, but what do you think the chances are?
Worth lashing out for the not insubstantial cost of a motorhome on a ferry ?

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:29 am

Wise words indeed Ted! And, "Where there's a will (or a Bill!!) there's always a way!"

Ranzaboy51

Post by Ranzaboy51 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:41 pm

I was thrilled to see Bluebird this afternoon, although I had to leave before she got underway (if she eventually did). My daughter Julie was producer of a BBC documentary 'Scots at Speed' back in (I think) around 2004/5 and interviewed Bill and Gina for a section of the programme devoted to Bluebird and Donald Campbell, who was very proud of his Scots heritage. He had been my boyhood hero, and I've read every book, and watched every piece of film I could find. Hearing about the crash on 4th January 1967 was one of my 'JFK' moments. I remember it so vividly.

I recall Julie telling me how helpful and friendly Bill and the crew were to her as a young film-maker, and it was so nice to see the team today talking and engaging with me and a few other Baby Boomers at Loch Fad.

Thank you so much, and congratulations on an unbelievable achievement.

Very best wishes

Duncan

Black Knight

Post by Black Knight » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:04 pm

After arriving on Bute Thursday afternoon & getting to the Loch in enough time to see her last run. All I can say is what a job. As good a living memorial to all concerned than any Spitfire is to the few.
Had a closer look at her today & chatted to Bill & Malcolm. Keep fighting guys, you deserve to see a lot more than having her locked in a dark museum for eternity.
K7 is alive & needs to be kept that way👍

Andrew453

Post by Andrew453 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:35 am

Can I just say a big thank-you to all those - Mike, Malcolm, whoever - involved in keeping the Twitter feed going this last couple of weeks. It has been a real god-send for those of us unable to get to the Isle. Now looking forward to Bill's next diary - should be an entertaining read!
But that's it team, your nice, quiet, relaxing holiday is over now... :D
PS You made me do something I said I would never do...join Twitter!

Richie

Post by Richie » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:22 pm

SNAP ! yet another addictive social media experiment taking a hold of me :D
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris » Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:56 pm

The Twitter updates were amazing, please please please keep them coming once you are back home!!

Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:58 pm

Mike is the twit, oops sorry Mike is the twitter guru alone. I did the faceb*****ks for Isle of Bute and enjoyed the response to my daily forward projection on shore activity. Will I get the chance to post to a Coniston site in the future :o :o ???
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England