Isle of Bute

Richie

Re: Isle of Bute

Post by Richie »

SNAP ! yet another addictive social media experiment taking a hold of me :D
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

The Twitter updates were amazing, please please please keep them coming once you are back home!!
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

Mike is the twit, oops sorry Mike is the twitter guru alone. I did the faceb*****ks for Isle of Bute and enjoyed the response to my daily forward projection on shore activity. Will I get the chance to post to a Coniston site in the future :o :o ???
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
VdGGfan

Post by VdGGfan »

I too joined Twitter because of TBB - not generally one for social media.
Well, K7 has left Bute and the island suddenly seems a bit duller and not just because of the weather.
Bluebird brought big smiles to many faces here, so a huge thank you to Bill, Malcolm and the team for bringing her to this beautiful island.
You must all be very proud of this awesome achievement - we are honoured indeed.
One of the nicest things was the way the team were happy to chat to the crowd and share their knowledge and enthusiasm. I must single out Paul, who spent quite a while over the past fortnight chatting with me about the project.
Congratulations to everyone involved - I hope you all had a blast.
We shall not forget Bluebird in a hurry.
You will be assured of a warm welcome here in the future, with or without K7.
Best wishes for continued progress with the project - I for one shall follow it with interest.
Now I'm off to watch some videos of a fast blue machine fly down a little Scottish loch!

Douglas
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Found this via Faceb**??? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ech1XaunGdY

Quite Nice... ;)
Delsexcel

Post by Delsexcel »

What a beautifully produced memento of an extraordinary event! Such warmth, understanding and empathy - brilliant photography - Thank you.
Del
JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

"The Germans" made it back home safely.

Thanks to Bill and his team for letting us all be so close to the team practice. Even though it took its time, its a great archivement to restore the wreck it was to the famous, better than new Bluebird and bring her back on the water - and not only that, but also run her better than ever before. My hat is off to Bill and the team of how they did all of this, how they kept the public informed all these years about their progress and especially how they ran the training extersice on Bute. It was so relaxed, so cool and so full of emotions. Everything was open, everyone took his/her time to answer every question asked. Bute and Loch Fad was the perfect location for the practice: shallow enought to take no risks but big enough to do some decent runs. I can't think of anything which could have been done any better. Very well done. I'm really looking forward to see more of this.

Best regards,
Joerg
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Looking at some of the pictures that BIll and Mike have put up on Twitter, can you sell these as prints through your shop to help with the funds? Mikes most recent pic is incredible! (of the boat that is!!!)
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

You're welcome Mike - they are really amazing though!
rich1608

Post by rich1608 »

I would love to see this Mike but I don't have Sky! :cry: Will it be going up on the BBP Youtube channel like the One Show clips?