Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

longarmedgibbon

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Post by longarmedgibbon » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Just of interest how much is bluebird k7actually worth? Just say a multi millionair wanted to buy her how much would he have to pay?. Ian lazenby

Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:57 pm

Joerg. You don't know me. I appeared on a UK national TV programme talking about corruption in the Police service(as it happens I was subsequently proven to be correct). Caused me a lot of problems doing that but I believed it right to do so. I believe in supporting/saying what's right and yes that has me seeing things in black and white for much of the time but it helped me maintain my integrity.

I support the Ruskin Museum Trustees right to determine what happens to K7. Had the wreck not been gifted to them I may have a different view but as it stands they have the document that gives them that right. Others disagree fine I have no problem with that.

wbjohn

Post by wbjohn » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:45 pm

Reading through this thread, just a thought should it be renamed to “The Ernie Lazenby rant”

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:55 pm

Everyone’s entitled to an opinion, of course, and to quote from earlier “Ernie, your position and interrests become more and more unclear to me. You are playing a very strange game.” It’s fair to say that this forum is “pro k7 running” and rightly so, yet Ernies comments are very negative towards k7 regularly running again, anywhere.

Richie

Post by Richie » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:57 pm

Argh....... its like a bloody never ending spin cycle this

will someone chuck a breeze block into the tumbler and finish me off....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vROdVsU_K80
Clarence come out ov zat tank at vonz !

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:19 pm

It's like Facebollocks, Rich... don't read it. :lol:
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:21 pm

An hour ago, I was reminded by a member of the British public, that individuals and families have lost deposit money because they expected Bluebird to be running on Coniston Water in July 2019. Money which has been retained by Coniston businesses or businesses operating within Coniston. 'Lost' because the BEWG were unable to provide the Festival on the dates that they themselves had chosen and then publicised widely.

The 'unforeseen circumstances' were explained by Cllr Tracy Coward, of the Bluebird Event Working Group, who said “more time” was needed to prepare complex arrangements such as traffic management and public safety".

Social media has its uses, because it is now possible to read on some Coniston village related facebook pages that there are folk from within the village who feel that the Festival/Proving Trial event can be organised and they are offering their help.

However, the Bluebird Project Operations personnel have not been contacted regarding planning for 2020 by anyone from the Parish Council or the BEWG. I do not have an answer as to why silence on this topic would be of any strategic advantage, and guessing will probably do no good.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:24 am

Ernies comments are very negative towards k7 regularly running again, anywhere.
Ernie reckon's he's a grumpy old sod - and I say that respectfully as Ernie and me have known one another a long time - one of the good guys who was keeping the whole Campbell, British WWSR thing of interest while us youngsters were cutting out teeth and for that we should be thankful. It's like I read Robbie Robinson's quote in that BBC piece when he said, 'this isn't showbiz'. I know where he was coming from, having known Robbie since 1996 and having massive respect for him and his close association with the Campbell family. But to the youngsters of today Bluebird is all new and Campbell is just the bloke who died in it. Showbiz is the best way to inspire them now so we should do what works best for the greater good.

Museum 9 months - noise and jetfuel 3 months.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler

eyeinthesky

Post by eyeinthesky » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:00 am

"Bluebird is all new and Campbell is just the bloke who died in it".

???????????????????????????

Mike Bull

Post by Mike Bull » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:47 am

Malcolm Ops wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:21 pm
An hour ago, I was reminded by a member of the British public, that individuals and families have lost deposit money because they expected Bluebird to be running on Coniston Water in July 2019. Money which has been retained by Coniston businesses or businesses operating within Coniston. 'Lost' because the BEWG were unable to provide the Festival on the dates that they themselves had chosen and then publicised widely.
That's a great shame that monies were taken and kept; at least over here, no matter what else, we have the clear conscience of knowing that we had no part in that and we were always getting on with readying the boat throughout. And to think, every other passing idiot on Facebook thinks that WE are on the make! *sigh*