Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Renegadenemo

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Post by Renegadenemo »

It's like Facebollocks, Rich... don't read it. :lol:
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

An hour ago, I was reminded by a member of the British public, that individuals and families have lost deposit money because they expected Bluebird to be running on Coniston Water in July 2019. Money which has been retained by Coniston businesses or businesses operating within Coniston. 'Lost' because the BEWG were unable to provide the Festival on the dates that they themselves had chosen and then publicised widely.

The 'unforeseen circumstances' were explained by Cllr Tracy Coward, of the Bluebird Event Working Group, who said “more time” was needed to prepare complex arrangements such as traffic management and public safety".

Social media has its uses, because it is now possible to read on some Coniston village related facebook pages that there are folk from within the village who feel that the Festival/Proving Trial event can be organised and they are offering their help.

However, the Bluebird Project Operations personnel have not been contacted regarding planning for 2020 by anyone from the Parish Council or the BEWG. I do not have an answer as to why silence on this topic would be of any strategic advantage, and guessing will probably do no good.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Ernies comments are very negative towards k7 regularly running again, anywhere.
Ernie reckon's he's a grumpy old sod - and I say that respectfully as Ernie and me have known one another a long time - one of the good guys who was keeping the whole Campbell, British WWSR thing of interest while us youngsters were cutting out teeth and for that we should be thankful. It's like I read Robbie Robinson's quote in that BBC piece when he said, 'this isn't showbiz'. I know where he was coming from, having known Robbie since 1996 and having massive respect for him and his close association with the Campbell family. But to the youngsters of today Bluebird is all new and Campbell is just the bloke who died in it. Showbiz is the best way to inspire them now so we should do what works best for the greater good.

Museum 9 months - noise and jetfuel 3 months.

eyeinthesky

Post by eyeinthesky »

"Bluebird is all new and Campbell is just the bloke who died in it".

???????????????????????????
conistoncollie

Post by conistoncollie »

Renegadenemo wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:24 am

But to the youngsters of today Bluebird is all new and Campbell is just the bloke who died in it.
Not the youngsters I know
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Bill said Ernie reckon's he's a grumpy old sod - and I say that respectfully as Ernie and me have known one another a long time - one of the good guys who was keeping the whole Campbell, British WWSR thing of interest while us youngsters were cutting out teeth and for that we should be thankful.

I have a bad bug and feel terrible but wish to comment. Thank you for the kind words. Bill and I met around 2003 when I visited his workshop to measure and photo the wreck having been given permission by Miss Campbell. I visited on 2 more occasions prior to 2007 but not since. We have spoke 3 times by telephone, once when he kindly let me have some relevant information re the cause of the crash to use in one of my talks. Another occasions was to ask me to check my photographs of K7 because they has lost details of certain bolt heads. I was happy to confirm the type. That's about it really so yes 16 years is a long time but with very little contact.

It seems I have supporters because someone who was apparently in authority?, although no longer, has sent me detailed information as to the content of three relevant documents;

Don't ask me who the individual is because the information arrived anonymously to my home.( I can be found via the internet and my many activities) If its lies or a wind up Bill please say so but the information/wording appears to be a genuine direct transcript. The individual has said information I post is accurate and well received by those on the other side of the pennine hills and the information sent is to support my evaluations. I wont however copy and paste the full details on this forum that would be wrong.

Unless I ought to stick to rivet counting, my brain has evaluated it all and its clear The Ruskin museum owns K7 completed and determines where it goes and when(to the museum). I don't fight battles on behalf of others however I have been clear for a long time where I stand and thus feel free to post this information. No doubt qualified legal minds will see it all differently and if I have been wrong in my analysis I will be first to say so..

Bill having been placed in a position of knowledge? I feel very able to conduct a mock court room exchange however I don't think it will serve any purpose. I have no idea what is going to happen next ,if indeed anything, however it may best to let matters remain as they are until silence is broken.

BTW Our friend in Germany who suggested I was attempting to demean the work of the team perhaps need to read the following. I have absolute admiration for the work done by volunteers who have produced a triumph of British engineering. I say it now loud and clear and will say it if and when I do further talks to keep the history alive. They all, including Bill, have my respect for the dedication, skill and tenacity. I hope that's clear. Attack me if you wish on my support for the Ruskin and what I believe to be right and apparently as documented but please don't say things that are insulting and untrue.

Finally, I don't rant I offer well thought comments/analysis

Just opinions and comments from a life long enthusiast who believes in right and wrong.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Ernie, how would l know whether you're dealing with lies or a wind-up?

Richie

Post by Richie »

"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Richie

Post by Richie »

75700C83-8B3D-4DB3-9615-3BA3AF1AE2BD.gif
All very cloak and dagger, but we must be careful, if we show joviality etc we will be accused of something.......else.

It will all come out in the wash....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
wbjohn

Post by wbjohn »

Ernie,
Re " I wont however copy and paste the full details on this forum that would be wrong"
Could you send the transcript via pm to me and I will digest it.