Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Renegadenemo

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Post by Renegadenemo »

What the reporter couldn't explain was where the figure of 35K came from - it's certainly massively inflated because that works out almost as much as the rent (that the museum doesn't pay). Then there's the fact that the reason the museum supposedly pays it in the first place is so that no one has to pay it at all because charities get between 80 and 100% relief so the most that would ever be payable in this scenario (if anything has been paid at all) would be about 3k over 12 years and we've spent twice that much on sanding discs. It was an extremely poorly researched piece of journalism in many ways.

But at least it's correct that we'll dismantle K7 if necessary. If the museum repudiates the 2013 agreement we'll just remove all our parts and give theirs back. That way we can build new parts and have our own K7 with none of this nonsense. Simple as that.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Scots Pine

Post by Scots Pine »

I thought this some months ago, but felt that it was just my 'black and white' way of looking at things.
Now that Bill has mentioned it I fear it is a step closer...the Ruskin Museum will receive the parts of K7 that they own...delivered in a skip.
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Yet again more muppetery from the museum. Because a k7 display of a pile of semi blue crappy rusty metal is really going to draw in visitors to look at it and inspire the next generation and the one after that... As this is what they will be left with if she does get dismantled. Still, they now have £410 with which to try and stick her back together...
Scots Pine

Post by Scots Pine »

It’s like a game show isn’t it?
The quizmaster opens the envelope, and to groans from the audience he announces that you gambled in one final spin of the wheel, lost the lot, ended up with Dusty Bin and this is what you could have won.

I suppose the sight of lifeless parts of Bluebird strewn within the outline of on a concrete floor still has an educational value. Imagine 10 year old Timmy with a tear stained face asking his parents why this was allowed to happen...
Richie

Post by Richie »

Lots of barrack room lawyers chopsing off about this and that, all of their info based on hear say and “interpretations”.

Bill, the museum and the very expensive barristers will sort this out. Until then all the supposition serves no purpose at all, it only serves to make this thread go around and around and around in circles.

“It will all come out in the wash”

Now, again, I am going to ask that the moderator lock this thread and put it to bed, leave it to the legal boffins who actually know what’s what, the Stuckleberry’s, Ward’s, Appleyard’s et al, spreading their misinformed poison will either be vindicated in the fullness of time, however, IMHO more likely will be looking rather foolish when we exit this process..... time will tell, it’s time to “put up or shut up”.

If we come out of the process and are proven wrong, I will respect the decision of the qualified legal minds only, I will then tip my hat and continue with my life.... none of the sour slanderous comments from the above type folk (who are very limited in number) will ever take away from me or the team that we achieved the impossible making history live once more, as a group of individuals we have faced adversity from the outset of this project, time and time we have proven folk wrong and ourselves right, as a result the world currently has a working icon.

If I may take this time to thank our supporters for all their kind words, they have not gone unnoticed.

And again thank Gina for her unwavering support through this typically tough time for the project, her words were most refreshing yesterday.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."