Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Malcolm Ops

Re: Donald Campbell's restored Bluebird in museum home row

Post by Malcolm Ops »

An important part of the statement:

"...…. we look forward to confirming dates with Bill and the Bluebird project team so these trials and demonstration runs can commence".

So that there are many ways of reaching the BBP, I have invited the 'Event Manager' appointed by the working group to make contact with me.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

The statement makes it very clear who owns K7- The Ruskin Museum trust. Thankfully that's now cleared up. Also very clear they expect it to remain at Coniston. Good to read some clarification from the other side.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

What it actually says is...
In 2006 the Ruskin Museum was gifted the recovered Bluebird K7
The 'recovered Bluebird K7' is a very far cry from what exists now. Much to clear up before any donation agreements are signed.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Yes of course that is correct. That of course raises these questions; The Ruskin trust allows the wreck to be restored by a group of volunteers using money raised through sponsorship and donations? I am guessing there was never any suggestion of payment being required for the work done or was there? It would be stretching credibility to say the Ruskin museum would expect half the completed boat to be their property. I doubt the owner of any property that has been restored by volunteers expects to be told they only own half of it. Volunteers doing the work generally do so knowing its not their property.
Malcolm Ops

Post by Malcolm Ops »

The Coniston Institute and Ruskin Museum, Report and Accounts, has always spelt out their 'ownership' since 2007.

I quote, "The Trust owns the wreck of the Bluebird".

What this thread should be looking forward to is the one off Proving Trial for Bluebird K7 as is defined in the Bye Laws for Coniston Water.
Malcolm Ops

Derby, England
JfromJAGs

Post by JfromJAGs »

Ernie, may I ask why you think this is your business?

Joerg
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Joerg let's not get personal. It's the business of anyone who has contributed towards the rebuild or the building of the Ruskin Museum extension.
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Malcolm. When that bye law was approved there was no intention of taking K7 to Bute or anywhere other than Coniston
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Malcolm. When that bye law was approved there was no intention of taking K7 to Bute or anywhere other than Coniston
It would have gone to Coniston had they upheld their end of the deal but they didn't so, due to their repudiatory breach, they got to see what they could have won.
It's the business of anyone who has contributed towards the rebuild or the building of the Ruskin Museum extension.
So, seeing as my own personal contribution runs to six figures I ought to have quite a voice in all of this...

And without even having to ask them I know that our sponsors would be disgusted at the thought of that machine being locked away in a tiny museum and not shown off to the world. They would rather we stripped off all the parts they helped provide and bolt them to a new centre hull so we'd still all be able to enjoy a running machine.

But what is absolutely jaw-dropping is the lack of vision and foresight. So we take the boat to wherever - the museum comes too, hosts a black-tie dinner at a local hotel, books a few speakers and pockets six months worth of museum entrance money in one night while we do all of the hard work.

Duh! How stupid do people have to be to not see such opportunity?
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Bringing the Ruskin out of Coniston in order to attract people to Coniston... the advertising would be priceless, not to mention Vicky et al could talk to people on site whilst advertising the museum, talking about the Boat and the village, all the while selling merchandise from the Ruskin.

It’s a win win !

Meanwhile the good folk of Coniston and the great lands of Cumbria could be lynching the LDNPA.

ITS REVOLUTIONARY PEOPLE !!
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."