Visit to North Shields- model makers.

Jordangbr

Re: Visit to North Shields- model makers.

Post by Jordangbr »

It’s certainly a name they can Revell in.
I thank you!
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

It's Tamiya grew up, Mr. Aspin... :lol: :lol:
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

Frog as we’re hopping mad
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I decree that, as a mark of respect, you shall henceforth be known as an 'Ernie' of Bluebird modellers...

Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

:lol:
Ernie Lazenby

Post by Ernie Lazenby »

Renegadenemo wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:56 am I decree that, as a mark of respect, you shall henceforth be known as an 'Ernie' of Bluebird modellers...
I like it! :D

Heres a question? How do you keep a 12 year old happy
Answer. Let him loose on K7 (under supervision of course)

My Grandson, Jamie and eldest son Ian visited North Shields last week. My grandson came back full of it, could not stop him talking about the boat. He has his own Touchwood K7, I gave him mine. Apparently Bill and his team really enjoyed ramping up the engine in Ians Gas turbine powered K7.(the one I made) Bill noted the operating temperature of the miniature gas turbine engine was much the same as the Orpheus. I have seen the video clip of Bill operating the models engine with the radio control unit, he looked quite at home. Maybe he wants one? , well not really when you have the big one to play with.

Ian said Jamie had his head stuck in the cockpit for ages asking a multitude of question of a very patient member of the team , John I believe.
I cannot imagine where Jamie and his dad got their interest in Bluebird from :lol: !

Many thanks to Bill and his team who gave of their time, the visit will long stay in my family's memory.
longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon »

Jamie told his engineering teacher about his visit to the bluebird project and the teacher has now asked him to do a presentation at his engineering class on the bluebird campbell subject which jamie is now working hard in the computer. His teacher also wants him to bring in my large turbine k7 and k4 k3 models for the presentation.

This is what the BBP is all about, inspiring the next genaration ! Ian lazenby
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Strangely enough my Grand daughter took my little vac form model to school today for a project she is doing in physics class.She did a little speech about her time in Bute last year, Hence her teacher and half the class are now Bluebird converts. She is 15 now but has been involved since she was 3 years old. If a crappy little model like mine can convert people I can see why Ernie's would create a lot of interest. She was absolutely gutted though when i told her we wont be running this year, as i can imagine a lot of others will be. Hopefully it will all come out in the wash and everyone can get what they want in the end.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

She was absolutely gutted though when i told her we wont be running this year, as i can imagine a lot of others will be.
No good reason why we shouldn't run this year. It would be great for everyone and apart from anything else, it would serve to get the boat back together, some of the jobs done that we just couldn't squeeze in before Bute and altogether have her that bit closer to being finished, which has to be better than the, in a million bits, scattered to the four winds and gathering dust condition that we're currently enjoying, not. I've also had to cancel a number of crucial donations until we're back on track - a new canopy is but one example, because all our donors are on board to supply the fully operational machine under the care of BBP we were led to promise and not a dead, museum exhibit and I won't accept any more materials unless we can deliver on that promise.

It'll be sorted - no one wants this condition so don't give up on running this year.

Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

Ok so what’s the address of where we’re going?