LOST!! Hep Me!! Hep Me!!

rob565uk

Re: LOST!! Hep Me!! Hep Me!!

Post by rob565uk »

Renegadenemo wrote: Sun Mar 15, 2020 9:21 pm Indeed - litigation is an expensive business. I caught some employees being very naughty in 2012 and it took almost eight years and a great deal of money to deal with the matter but at the same time it was also a very useful education.
Considering what you say above, I am guessing that your experience with litigation and the associated drawn out proceedings and high costs make you disinclined to go down that route here.

From the point of view of the Ruskin Museum I would have thought they would be similarly disinclined to pursue the legal route - especially given the high cost of the questionable advice they have received so far.

At the risk of repeating myself, it seems obvious that everyone needs to get round a table and agree a sensible, viable and collaborative way forward.

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Considering what you say above, I am guessing that your experience with litigation and the associated drawn out proceedings and high costs make you disinclined to go down that route here.

From the point of view of the Ruskin Museum I would have thought they would be similarly disinclined to pursue the legal route - especially given the high cost of the questionable advice they have received so far.

At the risk of repeating myself, it seems obvious that everyone needs to get round a table and agree a sensible, viable and collaborative way forward.
Litigation is like surgery - you only opt for it if all other remedies have failed, then you pay a top surgeon to cut and curette the badness out and, if it's done properly, you then have a much better standard of living for many years afterwards as a result. It's an excellent process of which I have had only positive experiences but with no track record or experience I'd guess it's a little daunting for the Ruskin Museum seeing as last time they dabbled they were first led down the garden path then left holding the baby.

Considering, firstly, that they were landed in financial difficulty that time and now this Corona Virus hysteria seems likely to dampen their footfall somewhat in the coming months the logical thing to do - you'd imagine - would be to get us on the phone, or round the table or whatever, to see what we could cook up together to give the public a much needed boost next summer and top off everyone's coffers in fine style.

What seems far more likely is we'll mark the second anniversary of getting nowhere this coming August and so make the executive decision to return the favour by cooking up our own scheme to give the public that must needed boost next summer and we'll see you all on the slipway.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

Renegadenemo wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:34 am
Litigation is like surgery - you only opt for it if all other remedies have failed, then you pay a top surgeon to cut and curette the badness out and, if it's done properly, you then have a much better standard of living for many years afterwards as a result. It's an excellent process of which I have had only positive experiences but with no track record or experience I'd guess it's a little daunting for the Ruskin Museum seeing as last time they dabbled they were first led down the garden path then left holding the baby.

Considering, firstly, that they were landed in financial difficulty that time and now this Corona Virus hysteria seems likely to dampen their footfall somewhat in the coming months the logical thing to do - you'd imagine - would be to get us on the phone, or round the table or whatever, to see what we could cook up together to give the public a much needed boost next summer and top off everyone's coffers in fine style.

What seems far more likely is we'll mark the second anniversary of getting nowhere this coming August and so make the executive decision to return the favour by cooking up our own scheme to give the public that must needed boost next summer and we'll see you all on the slipway.
It seems clear that the best option for K7 and especially for the Museum is for all parties to set aside any previous differences and strive to reach a sensible agreement.

It could well prove to be the only real key to the future viability of the Museum as far as I can see.

In the meantime, I will continue to enjoy following progress on K7, Crusader, Vulcan bombers etc on the BBP site.

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

It seems clear that the best option for K7 and especially for the Museum is for all parties to set aside any previous differences and strive to reach a sensible agreement.

It could well prove to be the only real key to the future viability of the Museum as far as I can see.
We have no problem with that. I mean there never were any serious differences until fairly recently. As you know, over the years we did loads together with the museum. We installed the tail fin and engine inlet yonks ago, we built a display case for the dead Orph' and installed that too. We built a display for the wrecked inlet skins and the aluminium display stands with the digital screens that stand around the wing and all that was before we installed the spars and sponsons for several years so we have and can do much for their viability.

Yes, it's been a bit disappointing to get so near to fulfilling every objective we ever set only to find that support to get it over the line is lacking but we all got along famously for the longest time so setting aside more recent events is no problem - at least not for us.

Richie

Post by Richie »

Until the poison was introduced by Dee Dubya the very ghoul who cost them much pennies in the highly misguided and botched legal claim I thought we got on really well, lost count of how many times we had been over to help with display stuff and likewise the annual visit from Vicky and Anne were both warmly welcomed.

The mental thing is if they look back they could even see themselves that Dee Dubya has been pulling the strings of this whole michegas since the beginning of the downfall.

Of course this is just my own observations.....

I actually look forward to the day we can wheel K7 into the museum, with the knowledge she can come back out and run under our supervision of course.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Until the poison was introduced by Dee Dubya the very ghoul who cost them much pennies in the highly misguided and botched legal claim I thought we got on really well, lost count of how many times we had been over to help with display stuff and likewise the annual visit from Vicky and Anne were both warmly welcomed.
Indeed - Anne's lemon drizzle cake was awesome and Vicky was one of our most staunch supporters from as far back as I can remember. The bottles of wine they brought us are still on our shelf for the re-launch on Coniston so it's about time that the real villain of this piece fessed up and made amends.