Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

Filtertron

Re: Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

Post by Filtertron »

mtskull wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 3:27 pm
Renegadenemo wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:00 pm I will tell the story of Novie and his number plates
Aye, do tell. Last time I looked they were on a Subaru in Coniston (presumably Novie’s?) and now they are on a new BMW motorbike. Odd that...
Seems there is a bit of gloating about it over on BookFace, by the aforementioned "Knob Head". Those plates were treasured. By Novie, and as far as I can tell, a gift for his unwavering loyalty. Now they're more or less a trophy, or boast piece on "Knob Head's" bike. How nasty and spiteful can you get?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Seems there is a bit of gloating about it over on BookFace, by the aforementioned "Knob Head". Those plates were treasured. By Novie, and as far as I can tell, a gift for his unwavering loyalty. Now they're more or less a trophy, or boast piece on "Knob Head's" bike. How nasty and spiteful can you get?
Really? I'm speechless!

But look at it this way - I took the executive decision to reveal a few crumbs (and it is a few crumbs) of the shocking behaviour we've been subjected to over the years whilst we've chosen to take the flak and rise above it for the sake of the project. That was until Novie was cast aside like a piece of dirt.
Yet it could still have been taken simply as sour grapes on our part by the cynics. Not any more - if any more evidence was needed of who is who and what is what it's right there. Unbelievable.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Mr Hannarack

Post by Mr Hannarack »

Bill asks in his post of 2.37am(!) on 3rd August, “Isn’t there something going on with CN7 this year?”

I don’t know if anything was “going on” with CN7 this year (in any event Covid-19 has put a line through everyone’s diaries this year), but 2020 marks the 60th anniversary of Bluebird CN7 being publicly launched and demonstrated at Goodwood Motor Racing Circuit in July 1960, where Donald did a lap of the 2.36mile circuit (not bad given CN7’s 4 degrees of steering!) and also scorched the paint around the exhaust outlets. The outlet pipe was later extended as a result to give it a small “lip” to divert the hot exhaust gasses away from the bodywork.

Marcel van Cleemput – known as Mr Corgi – was also given access to CN7 that day to take photographs, measurements and some paint flakes for a colour match to produce Corgi Toys Model 153 (and later 153A) of the Bluebird CN7. I’m sure many of us have one in our collections (ok, I have 4!)

CN7 then went to Bonneville in September 1960 to undertake her first trials towards the land speed record. There was stiff competition as CN7 was one of an incredible and unprecedented array of potential LSR vehicles and drivers at Bonneville that year, amongst them and joining Donald were Art Arfons, Mickey Thompson, Nathan Ostich and Athol Graham.

Donald crashed at an estimated 360mph when CN7 left the track on 16th September 1960.

So, this year marks the 60th anniversary of CN7’s first runs and land speed record attempt.

Paul
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Never underestimate how low some people are capably of going...
Especially when trying to 'make a point' or to 'show off', it seems.

No doubt these individuals think that behaviour like this (as seen on BookFace) is acceptable. Which says a lot about them.

It appears to me, that the BBP have been pretty clear and consistent in their intent, throughout all the machinations to date. Whereas (all) the other involved parties seem to be all over the place - unclear and inconsistent, in their aims.

Thanks to the actions of these 'other parties' (meaning everyone except the BBP), K7 is effectively aground - going nowhere. Which is a great shame & a pity.

I think it is now right, that the BBP reveal more of what has gone on - as the other parties do not appear to be holding back.

I can only hope that , at some point, a meeting of the ways can happen.

IanM
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

PS. Oh... the irony...

Look what Google found for me :

https://www.regtransfers.co.uk/content/ ... mpbell-qso

GC advertising for 'Regtransfers'.....!!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

GC advertising for 'Regtransfers'.....!!
There's this one with our Novie too.

IMG_5040.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

StrawberryFruitcake

Post by StrawberryFruitcake »

Oh, good grief. Someone please remove Gina and Mr H's spades! Alternatively someone back-fill the hole they are digging!
'Yee-Ha' Jesse Toy Story
Richie

Post by Richie »

Poor deluded teabag keeps logging on to check the threads he must be that upset about life choices.

So much anger, so much hate.....not good for the blood pressure not at that age.

Anyway, a good chat between the BBP and the Ruskin will get things sorted I am sure and we can crack on best foot forward.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Poor deluded teabag
:lol: :lol:

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I'm now informed that the 'poor deluded teabag' also tried to post a solitary laughing face on our forum earlier.

No clue what that was all about. Anyone?

Screenshot_20200803-132925_Chrome.jpg