Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

Filtertron

Re: Coniston Bye laws/Ruskin

Post by Filtertron »

This came across my BookFace feed earlier. It seems someone hasn't been reading the forum posts properly. The passage Gina has chosen to respond to, refers to Novie having to pay for the return of the K7 DMC numberplates. My understanding is that the plates were returned late last year or early this year, after Novie refused to go along with the ambush which was planned for the 4/1/2020 at the Ruskin. They were returned at his cost.

The date of the text from Novie that Gina has screen-capped, pre-dates that by over a year. There is also the lack of context, due to there being no dialog either side of it. Whilst I am sure that the gesture of the 2.5k (quid presumably) was greatly appreciated by Novie in August 2018, and Gina's benevolence was genuine at the time; it is in no way relevant to this discussion.

One can only presume Gina has either misread or misinterpreted the post she is responding to, and thinks Bill is referring to the trip to Bute two years ago. Either that, or it's textbook misdirection. One can't help noticing the passive aggressive undertone in her post either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Either that, or it's textbook misdirection.
It's textbook misdirection. It's not one of the messages that destroyed a 25 year friendship - where are those? And using someone's private communications in an effort to save your own sorry arse is perfectly charming. All of us have done something to help our Novie over the years as he has looked after us in return but none of us have ever sacked him off because he didn't do our bidding. It was a big, big mistake treating Novie that way because what he gives is love without conditions and you don't betray that. Huge error.

I assume that's from Facebollocks? I don't do Facebollocks.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Cant argue with that Bill. On my first trip to Coniston Novie stopped his car and offered me a lift from the lake back to the village despite not knowing me
from Adam and vice versa. Since then we have beacame great mates and a more loyal mate you could'n't wish for. Wouldn't treat my worst enemy like that.
At least his true mates are still there for him.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

I reckon a few people out there think this is about some numberplates, which it isn't. It's about a good person thrown to the curb because they wouldn't side with the plans set for the 4/1/2020 in Coniston. Surely a true friend would have accepted and respected Novie's position, and not held it against him?
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I reckon a few people out there think this is about some numberplates, which it isn't. It's about a good person thrown to the curb because they wouldn't side with the plans set for the 4/1/2020 in Coniston. Surely a true friend would have accepted and respected Novie's position, and not held it against him?
Don't forget, that applies to every member of the rebuild team, their partners and kids - our loyal sponsors and supporters, the lot! But Novie was a step too far.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Having conveyed my express wish at this time not to become involved in such matters to the very person it concerns I feel that after such treachery by that person in publicly publishing in part only snippets of personal messages leaves me little choice but to defend my integrity!

However after a quarter of a century of loyal friendship it is with deep sorrow and a heavy heart that I have now been forced to do so.

Having been totally ignored only now to be be contacted for the first time since approx January 8th 2020 I am suddenly told to silence my " mouth piece" with the threat of being dragged into a "Class libel case"! Told to put the record straight! Having more important personal matters going on like not least isolating re Covid 19 etc and not being aware things had once again begun on the K7 bashing front I bid them good night! However my hand is now being forced.

So on the issue of the number plates most but not all may be aware they are and have always been the property of Miss Gina Campbell QSO after being purchased from Mr. Arthur Benjamins. A very nice man 😊

At my insistence an agreement was drawn up by myself to reflect that. However after many years proudly in my possession came the announcement on the 4th January 2020! Richies earlier "baseball bat to the legs comment " I find so fitting here and how we all felt as a team at that time! As many of you know over the years I have been the peace keeper averting many attempts by the Type III's out there and others to de-rail the Project.

However after the 4th of January's announcement I clapped in total disbelief at what had just been delivered! And because I hoped yet again to resolve this situation I stepped back from the cliffs edge, declining to be involved with this complete U turn!!

I have no problem whatsoever with returning the private registration K7 DMC but it was the way in which there immediate return was now being demanded with many terrible personal comments and criticisms!! Along with the variety of tales to speed up there return 🤔!
And as always happens at a time of great personal expenditure I returned them asap and reverted back to my original registration at my own cost.
To be fair there was a late offer made but it had already been done and paid for by that time.

Am I bothered about the registration 🤔 no. It was nice to have them bestowed upon me for the many things over the years I've done in keeping a great mans achievements alive but no. I knew they may have to be returned one day but not like this!!

What really really hurt amongst other things laid at my door was the suggestion I had somehow used that friend for 25yrs 🤔!!

As for the revealing in public part only personal messages I feel this is a step to far and bang out of order.

To publish private messages proves I feel how a person has for some reason changed from that of a once loyal caring friend into the person they have now become! Why is that I wonder?

And a blatant attempt at what exactly??

I leave you all to decide and form your own opinions here by the publishing of full content of those once private messages. To follow .
I had wished to keep a dignified silence but I was not allowed to do so. But please remember I did not cast the first stone!!

“He that is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone at her.”

From the Nicest Schmuch you used to know!
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

The full account of what was said 21- August 2018 at 23.53hrs.

Hi Gina spent all evening in disbelief or shock at what you have sent me in the post today!! It never occurred to me it would be anything of this nature 2.5k my god i just sat down!
My mind not totally being on the ball coz thinking of my appeal. Didn’t see this coming!
This has left me in a right pickle Gina of what to do?
If i accept it then i feel awful and will probably never be able to afford to pay it back anytime soon! And if i don’t accept it you will be cross with me even angry and or offended! Our friendship goes back along way but its built on trust and confidence in each other these past two decades! Ive always tried my best to offer advice as a friend and keep tour Fathers memory alive out of my own pocket.
Therefore i’m snookered so to speak with your very kind and generous offer which i thank you for thinking of me at this time. Never expected this Gina but don’t want to offend either. So what am i to do?
Warmest Regards
Novie xxx

The Reply

Novie...you accept as the gift it is, no repayment no nothing this is only a small amount compared to what you’ve spent in fuel car repair wear and tear etc. In doing what you’ve just outlined by keeping my Dad’s name etc in the world. Therefore stuff into your account spoil yourself on something not too expensive get your car in good order or whatever, it’s yours it’s a gift ok. No thanks are needed, as I said in the card you must never put yourself into a diffo financial situation over Bluebird...you hear me?! Love. Gina x
The End!
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

Thanks for clearing that up, Novie. I am sorry you've had to go through that though.
El Lole

Post by El Lole »

Oh my goodness, shock horror! Novie i am pleased you have now decided that this is the time to tell us what really happened. A loyal and trustworthy friend, you do not deserve to be treated like you have been.

El Lole
lstewa38

Post by lstewa38 »

Bravo, Sir. 👏