Bute / Coniston Back to Back

Renegadenemo

Re: Bute / Coniston Back to Back

Post by Renegadenemo »

Any updates on second meeting or next steps?
Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of Jordan and Peter, the first meeting achieved nothing and our date to arrange a second meeting came and went without so much as the courtesy of a reply so, with regret, it's in the hands of our lawyers now.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Renegadenemo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:43 am
Unfortunately, despite the best efforts of Jordan and Peter, the first meeting achieved nothing and our date to arrange a second meeting came and went without so much as the courtesy of a reply so, with regret, it's in the hands of our lawyers now.
Oh... dear.... Perhaps inevitable, really. Normal logic does not seem to apply.... :?

Will no doubt, prove expensive - to all parties. And a nice earner to all the legal folks.... :(
Filtertron

Post by Filtertron »

Renegadenemo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:43 am
I really did hope something would happen with the meetings. Unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me either. What a shame.

Well done to Jordan and Peter for having a go.
"What are you doing up that tree?"
"We're mountaineering on a rather tight budget."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Oh... dear.... Perhaps inevitable, really. Normal logic does not seem to apply.... :?

Will no doubt, prove expensive - to all parties. And a nice earner to all the legal folks.... :(
It's a weird one - the normal logic not applying thing. If you sit and name the multitude of companies, organisations and individuals with whom we've worked to bring the project this far it's a very, very impressive list so clearly any communication issues do not lie at our side of the table. Jordan and Peter are both professionals so there was no reason why they shouldn't have been able to make much progress yet they weren't able to make any headway at all so after two years of trying we've been run out of options.
Yes, legal action is expensive but not so much for all parties because the loser picks up the winner's costs. Yes, lawyers are expensive but so are surgeons and you never hear anyone complain about those if they perform a successful operation.
I really did hope something would happen with the meetings. Unfortunately, this doesn't surprise me either. What a shame.

Well done to Jordan and Peter for having a go.
Indeed - they did an excellent job and it is a shame but, as I said above, we've been run out of options and not for the want of trying.

'Sometimes you gotta be an S.O.B if you wanna make a dream reality' Mark Knopfler
Engine 711

Post by Engine 711 »

Renegadenemo wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:55 pm
It's a weird one - the normal logic not applying thing. If you sit and name the multitude of companies, organisations and individuals with whom we've worked to bring the project this far it's a very, very impressive list so clearly any communication issues do not lie at our side of the table.
I think I have use the 'P' word. Professional. Meaning an approach - not necessarily just getting paid to do something. To work (successfully) with large organisations, you need IMO, a certain level of professionalism.

On the other hand, a small organisation which rarely works with larger ones, does not perhaps need this as much.
So can not bother with 'normal logic'.... :?

Then there is respect. Not sure that very much respect is being shown here, towards the BBP, by the other parties involved. Which is a great shame - and makes me, personally, very sad.... :(
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Then there is respect. Not sure that very much respect is being shown here, towards the BBP, by the other parties involved. Which is a great shame - and makes me, personally, very sad.... :(
It is all rather bewildering - when you consider the benefits on offer and even if you forget everything before Bute, just to get there we had to successfully engage with Strathclyde Police, Argyll & Bute Council, SEPA, Scottish Natural Heritage not to mention the local community of Bute, the Mountstuart Trust and the Royal Engineers who installed our slipway! Then we managed to run a slick operation and came away with an open offer to return.

We tried - we really did.

El Lole

Post by El Lole »

You really did try and have been professional with everything. All credit to yourself,Jordan and Peter. We will just have to see what comes next, whatever happens i must say you have the patience of a Saint.

El Lole
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

You really did try and have been professional with everything. All credit to yourself,Jordan and Peter. We will just have to see what comes next, whatever happens i must say you have the patience of a Saint.
Thanks - we have tried to be very patient but the game is up. It's all very well being patient but how many people of an age would love to have seen Bluebird run and now never will? There were many on Bute and doubtless there would have been many more the following year.

Obviously, she can't run all the time so there's very much a place for static display but she could have been on the water for a couple of weeks last year. This year is an exception that we have just had to work through but what's the excuse for not being out there next year? Anyone?

Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

Well I guess that’s that then .
It will all be locked up in the legal wrangling for years , sucking the life out of the project and gathering dust all while feeding the bottom feeding lawyers who only care about when do they get their next pay instalment .
Anyone remember the “Flying Scotsman” saga ????
Here comes the “flying blue boat saga”
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Well I guess that’s that then .
It will all be locked up in the legal wrangling for years , sucking the life out of the project and gathering dust all while feeding the bottom feeding lawyers who only care about when do they get their next pay instalment .
Always open to suggestions but so far as we know we've tried everything and if the life is to be sucked from the project it's certainly not lawyers doing it!

Interesting that so many people take a dim view of the legal profession, though. Admittedly it's not cheap if you do it right but just like everything else in life - you get what you pay for.