Forum Theme & Main Logo Image

thunderer

Forum Theme & Main Logo Image

Post by thunderer »

Who runs the forum guys ?? I ask, as I have an overwhelming desire to offer to do some work on here for you guys.

I know its "only a place to chat" but I wonder (quite often) why the forum has not been brought "in line" with the colour scheme of the main BlueBird Project website and why the logo has not been changed either. It's a fairly simple thing to do (when you know what/where to tweak and how to tweak it and get the desired result). I'm also suprised that the forum only has 1 "Category" with 3 pages of content. If it were set out with more "category's" it would be less confusing and easier to find what you want to read.

Anyone from the forum team who wants to see what i am capable of (and ensure i'm not talking BS) head over to my forum thats located HERE.

Just yet another of my stupid ? / dumb ? / persistent ? (delete as appropriate) idea's.
Last edited by thunderer on Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just cos my username is Thunderer, doesn't necessarily mean I SHOUT !!
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"
thunderer

Re: Forum Theme & Main Logo Image

Post by thunderer »

that about having the forum software on your pc, unfortunatly, is not correct.

You can edit the forum theme from the Admin Control panel (or the ACP to those who know phpBB) on the server even when the board is "LIVE".
whoever said that you need the forum software on your pc is, sadly, mistaken.

There is also the option to install "MODS", which basically let you install features you do not already have (some do this by hand, but it's too time consuming).
These "MOD's" include an "autoMOD" feature to "automatically" install such "MOD's". Not to mention that the software is now on version 3.0.5 and will be 3.0.6 in another 5 months

The only thing to changing things up with a fourm, and i LIVE by this, is to MAKE A BACKUP of the forum (again using the ACP) before carrying out any work to the forum.

The easiest way to change the forum Logo, is to save your "chosen" image as "site_logo.gif" and replace the "site_logo.gif" file in the styles/THEMENAMEGOES HERE/imageset folder. Of course, that includes having to upload the replacement file to that folder. You then have to go into the ACP, go to the "Styles" tab, under "style componants, click on "imagesets" and under the "actions" header next to THEMENAMEGOESHERE, click on "Refresh". Job done. The image can also be centralised in the header, the forum width can be altered and so much other stuff can also be done.

See ?, i'm already proving my worth from a knowledge standpoint :) lol
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

i was actually trying to log into my own forum and forgot where i was at. i have the log in page bookmarked. i have 2 forums running, one is a standard prosilver test forum and my automatic reaction is to log in then log into the acp to test a mod i want to use on my main forum. it would also of helped if i was wearing my glasses at the time. i'm blind as a bat without them.

my apollogies over that, i only realised after i tried to log in.

an unfortunate and regrettable incident.
Last edited by thunderer on Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

I am aware yes, which is why i was seriously p--s-d, at my self when i realised i tried to login into the wrong board's acp.

I dont suppose it helps when i use the same nickname for all the forum's i frequent as well as my own.
tas

Post by tas »

thunderer wrote:an unfortunate and regrettable incident.
Dunno if it's just me, but when I read that I got images of an MP caught in a brothel!
"He who goes to bed with an itchy bum, wakes up with a smelly finger"
graham

Post by graham »

tas wrote:
thunderer wrote:an unfortunate and regrettable incident.
Dunno if it's just me, but when I read that I got images of an MP caught in a brothel!
it would be if he did it more than 1 time you can make that mistake 1 or 2 times then it is bye bye
‘The HLF believes the crash is the most important aspect of the boat's history’

Absolutely, and the highlight of Elvis’ career was dying on the bog…hehehe