Coniston visit

thewrightstuff

Re: Coniston visit

Post by thewrightstuff »

Renegadenemo wrote:I'm off to Coniston on the 21st with the family. Can anyone suggest a few sights and such that we ought to take in while we're there?
Tea and buns at Pier Cottage
klingon

Post by klingon »

Renegadenemo wrote:I'm off to Coniston on the 21st with the family. Can anyone suggest a few sights and such that we ought to take in while we're there?
Theres a Bluebird museum there with a mad Geordie called Smith or summat sorting an old boat------ :D :D
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Was thinking of checking out Pier Cottage but a happy band of anoraks went there last week on a guided tour only to be told to flippety-blink-off in no uncertain terms by the Pier Cottage incumbent, much to the embarrasment of the tour guide. Don't think we'll be going there, now or in the future!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

The Ratty at Ravenglass is good and the birds of prey at Muncaster Castle which is near by.
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Ive heard the Lake is well worth a look, perhaps you could help that Diver bloke out who's trying to rebuild something called Bluebird...?!
DMCK7 Fan

Post by DMCK7 Fan »

Renegadenemo wrote:Was thinking of checking out Pier Cottage but a happy band of anoraks went there last week on a guided tour only to be told to flippety-blink-off in no uncertain terms by the Pier Cottage incumbent, much to the embarrasment of the tour guide. Don't think we'll be going there, now or in the future!
All together now " OH, I'M A HAPPY ANORAK, I'M A HAPPY ANORAK" :lol:

ps. Pier Cottage........... that guy was a right HAT !
mcarta

Post by mcarta »

Forget going on the'Gondola': one of the other lake cruise boats was the one that carried Donalds body on his final voyage, ask which one at the pier (they're cheaper, too!) :ugeek:
"There is nothing older, unless the hills, MacArthur and the devil"
DMCK7 Fan

Post by DMCK7 Fan »

mcarta wrote:Forget going on the'Gondola': one of the other lake cruise boats was the one that carried Donalds body on his final voyage, ask which one at the pier (they're cheaper, too!) :ugeek:
That would be the 'M.L. Ruskin' and here is the 'whatever it is' upon which his coffin was placed.
Dscf0030.jpg
Dscf0007.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mcarta

Post by mcarta »

that's the baby! I'd have known the name if my wife had been next to me for my earlier post....and my dog was tied to the 'whatever-it-is' for our trip - when we got off, she slipped the lead and shot back on, (dog, not wife) had hob's own job getting her off again! Anyway, def. go on the Ruskin, very knowledgeable and helpfull crew.
Enjoy!
:mrgreen:
"There is nothing older, unless the hills, MacArthur and the devil"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Don't know how you got a picture of the deck of that boat and its coffin stand (or whatever it's called) when it wasn't swimming with water! The idea was to take Donald back to the crash site. Not sure why though, I'd have thought he'd have had quite enough of it by then. But the weather was shocking and waves were literally breaking over the deck. Poor Carl was the only one without an overcoat but there's no way he'd have let the side down so he stood there taking waves in the face wearing only a suit. Silly boy...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.