BBP Diary

Mentallica

Re: Diary update?

Post by Mentallica »

Renegadenemo wrote:Hi all, just back from a break with the family in Disneyland Paris. We'd not had a holiday for a couple of years so that was that - we went. Great place but it seemed that every country from Asia to Africa had selected their rudest, most inconsiderate people and sent them there for the same week. That and the fact that Europe seems to be using the Disney Village as a means to recoup its banking deficits means that next time we'll be crossing the pond for Florida.

As for the diary, I tried to get it ready before I went but time ran out. The good news is it's written and just needs some pics added and a sprinkling of text. Better still, we're slowly emerging from the 'floor-age' in the workshop and will have some new treats for everyone soon.
thank you! looking forward to it
DMCK7 Fan

Latest Diary Update.

Post by DMCK7 Fan »

There's some serious reading there, but what an update !!!
I have to confess at being (slightly) one of those computer 'geeks', but I do have a life and I do go out meet and telephone friends to keep in touch..... heck, I even fly to America every year to see them too !!!!
I tried 'facebook' twice but it's just other peoples 'tittle tattle' and I left.
Maybe there's hope for me yet then ?

A good update, thanks.
lsrdatabase

Post by lsrdatabase »

Hi All,

Might have been a long time coming, but boy was it worth waiting for. It fact Brilliant!

Keep up the fantastic work lads. Fred
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

yes, all good things come to those who wait! keep up the good work fellas! :D
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
Russ

Post by Russ »

Thanks for the update, the before and after shots are just so impressive. K7 is a testament not only to the original design and build, but to the present team's expertise too. Coming from a family of pattern-makers and steelmen, I can appreciate the depth of sheer engineering know-how and craft that you guys are putting back into K7.

We can't all be there to help, so letting us all see that even after 3 years of rebuild, and at least 8 years of involvement, that whatever gets fixed, only gets fixed right shows that we're backing the right team.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Thanks for the positive feedback everyone, much appreciated. Now we're building again we can hopefully bring you more info more often. We'll certainly try very hard.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
thewrightstuff

Post by thewrightstuff »

As we see hull taking shape and the project moves ever closer to a rebuilt craft what is the position re the sponsons . Will you be remanufacturing to original designs?
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

thewrightstuff wrote:As we see hull taking shape and the project moves ever closer to a rebuilt craft what is the position re the sponsons . Will you be remanufacturing to original designs?
We certainly shall. As soon as we decide exactly what the original design was. They were drawn a half dozen different ways and the pics we have of them under construction don't match any of the drawings. We'll work it out.

DMCK7 Fan

Post by DMCK7 Fan »

Will you be fitting alternative sponsons first so she can get up on the plane at lower speeds and then replacing with others that will look correct for museum display ?
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

It's an option but we've had some top-class engineers and hydrodynamicists onto this and we reckon we're going to be a little trickier than to just use a low speed sponson set. We've had them drawn up just in case though, time will tell whether they ever get built. They actually look so close to the originals only a real anorak would spot the difference so we could maybe build them so we could bolt them on whenever we needed to borrow our high speed set back again...