What have forum members been up to?

klingon

Re: What did you do at the weekend?

Post by klingon »

Richie wrote:"what did you do at the weekend"

got lumbered with a rotten Range Rover to help fix.........

"it just needs a pair of sills" i reply "You sure mate"

needless to say it turned up on my driveway... needs

inner and outer sills both sides, front floor pan behind pedals, rear offside inner wheel arch, lower tailgate, rear light surrounds

in short its not to clever....and yet he has all the required pannels

but its all good practice on the mig for my project :lol:
Watch what yer doing with that one-did this for a living for years!-firstly DO NOT remove the sills before welding stiffeners across the door openings and SECURELEY supporting body-one side at a time!-the body will literally "slump" if you don't!-and doors will never fit again!
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
Richie

Post by Richie »

yeah done one side allready bit box section between the A and B Pillar then the B and C Pillar.

just wish he had listened to me and put the Landy body on the good Rangerover chassis
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Dangermouse

Post by Dangermouse »

Time to look at a D-lander kit maybe?

I'd love to build one if I had the money, but I think I'd probably overhaul everything down to the bare metal and then rebuild it to chase all the Solihull gremlins out. I just think a Freelander-lookalike bodyshell on a space framed Disco chassis would make a disturbingly good competition vehicle as the Freelander body is smaller than that of the Defenders which most people prefer. The whole thing would weigh a fair bit less too...

I got fed up with bits falling off a Disco and bought a Subaru Forester Turbo instead. Spent a chunk of the weekend rubbing down and priming a spoiler for it with a view to toning the "grandad's taxi" look down a bit. Given it will cheerfully leave BMW Z4s standing at traffic lights I think this is more fair warning than false advertising!
Matt in Mid Wales
klingon

Post by klingon »

Richie wrote:yeah done one side allready bit box section between the A and B Pillar then the B and C Pillar.

just wish he had listened to me and put the Landy body on the good Rangerover chassis
Wee problem with that-landy series or 90 body=88 or 90 inch wheelbase-rangie 100" wheelbase-need to "bob" the chassis,fit a landy rear xmember and bulkhead outriggers too-better just to use a Marsland chassis made to suit and bolt the rangie parts on-expensive though!-used to build Strange Rovers-disco body on to Rangie chassis with rangie front wings etc-=7 seat rangerover! :D
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
Richie

Post by Richie »

my thoughts were to get a 110 rear tub then drill out the rivets holding the bulkhead at the front of the tub, then shorten it to the correct size and pop the rivets back in. I knew we would have to change the rear member and out riggers... also different mounts on the front to put the land Rad in (taller and shorter size rad) but if you saw the state of the body on the Range'y it would still be easier.... :-)
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Treated myself to a nice watch. Not a brand spanker, so I won't be afraid to wear it for everyday use, but I'm sure it will be accurate; what else would one expect from the company that made the timekeeping equipment for Donald Campbell's record attempts? :)
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

We spent the day making a fabulously complicated duct then finally spun up the engine from the air start system. Anyone want to work out how long it is since that start system spun up an Orph'?
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
captain sparkle

Post by captain sparkle »

392,866.5 hours
From now, anyway, i.e. 19.14hrs.
TED WALSH AT SPEED ON CONISTON

Now over 3.1 Million hits on Youtube, subscribers needed! permanent positions available, please apply now!
captain sparkle

Post by captain sparkle »

OK, OK,
thanks to
http://www.mathcats.com/explore/elapsedtime.html
for working it out!!!!
TED WALSH AT SPEED ON CONISTON

Now over 3.1 Million hits on Youtube, subscribers needed! permanent positions available, please apply now!
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

had a very nice time in newcastle this weekend, a bit to eat in the piano and pitcher over/under lookink the baltic flour mills. then took in the nutcracker at the theatre royal and finished off the cultural evening by getting trollied in various bars :D would have come to do a bit of kettle bothering at the BBP but unfortunately you had a prior engagement. ah well; better luck next time :) lovely city by the way :D
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..