What have forum members been up to?

Dominic Owen

Re: What did you do at the weekend?

Post by Dominic Owen »

It sounds like one of those times when you wake the following morning and have to spend the first few minutes figuring out whether the previous day had been part of a rather surreal dream.
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I actually woke up next morning thinking, ouch! my head hurts, having sunk a few bottles of an exquisite India Pale Ale I was offered by the barman at my hotel. It comes very highly recommended.

http://www.meantimebrewing.com/our-store/india-pale-ale

Hey - maybe the palace was only a dream after all.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Andrew453

Post by Andrew453 »

Renegadenemo wrote:I actually woke up next morning thinking, ouch! my head hurts, having sunk a few bottles of an exquisite India Pale Ale I was offered by the barman at my hotel. It comes very highly recommended.

http://www.meantimebrewing.com/our-store/india-pale-ale

Hey - maybe the palace was only a dream after all.
Girlie beer! How about this cheeky little IPA from Brewdog...41% no less :shock:
http://www.brewdog.com/sink_the_bismark
Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen »

No matter how surreal the events, no matter how fuzzy your thinking the following morning or how much it feels like your brain is trying to tunnel through your skull in a bid for freedom, you ALWAYS remember the name of what bit you! :lol:
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Andrew453 wrote: Girlie beer! How about this cheeky little IPA from Brewdog...41% no less :shock:
http://www.brewdog.com/sink_the_bismark
Leaving aside the question of whether vodka with a few added hoppy flavours can really be called beer, at around 70 quid a pint, I reckon I'll stick to the real deal:
http://www.ilkleybrewery.co.uk
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I've tried so many versions of of I.P.A. and I still say that the brew from the Meantime Brewery - what a fab choice for an outfit from Grenwich - is one of the best I've ever tasted. I've a few cases incoming for the Christmas festivities and will report again in due course. :D

klingon

Post by klingon »

still got a bottle or 2 from the Wallachia-if you feel brave enough to drink brackish 100 year old McEwans IPA with a touch of River Clyde in it! ;)
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
Inspector Gadget

Post by Inspector Gadget »

I had a pint of Bluebird at the Black Bull yesterday... and a very nice walk around the village today and I might just have another pint of bluebird tomorrow... after my eagerly awaited visit to the Ruskin museum... :D :D
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

John and I killed and plucked our turkeys today... bad news for the turkeys but they go crackers if you put them in the oven alive...

ted.walsh

Post by ted.walsh »

The motor boat club had a shindig, unusually there was a pantomime, Robin Hood, put on in the hall, we had all been practicing for a good few weeks to get up to speed with those luvvie skills. It was hilarious, with far too much leuid add libbing. Pip 'the flip' Brooks (best blow over award records 2011) was a fairy although I didn't know fairy outfits came from ann summers. There was plenty of nicely stretched latex and PVC, ummm nice. Me? I was cast completely out of context as the Evil Sherrif Of Nottingham....luvs, oh Larry, and 6 hours in makeup. :)