Across The Lake

ace_chris

Re: Across The Lake

Post by ace_chris »

Digitaljunior wrote:I purchased two "copies" from the Bluebird cafe which I assumed, given the price were legit. Upon opening them they are "copies". Quite disapointing but at least I have a copy of the film to watch.
Shame on the Bluebird Cafe for flogging pirate copies!!! Must have cost you a fair few quid, if the price of their tea and cakes is anything to go by...
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Yes it is a shame the royalty issue couldn't be resolved. Shame that more cant be done to stop matey flogging his copies online
Richie

Post by Richie »

Iam looking for a copy of this Thunder Lake.....sounds like some prime time american drivel :lol:
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Richie

Post by Richie »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA woah if the movie is anything near as good as the dvd cover...its sure to be a spectacular affair.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen »

Mike Bull wrote:...but who would want to negotiate the royalties with Sir Anthony?!
Simple answer: ME ME ME ME ME!! :D (as long as it was him though, and not some snotty lawyer acting on his behalf)

He's been up at the top of my "would love to meet" list for donkeys years and any excuse would do me fine.
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

ace_chris wrote:Shame that more cant be done to stop matey flogging his copies online
There is plenty that could be done but why would you want to? Ultimately, short of a complaint to trading standards or whatever it would require action by the copyright holders, who manifestly either can't be bothered or don't even know that they hold the copyright.
Let me be clear here: I would far rather pay the going rate for a bona fide DVD of ATL but rather than never watch the film ever again, I'll settle for an unauthorised copy.
OK, technically this is theft but then so is removing a telly from a skip after someone who doesn't want it has thrown it out. Where's the harm?
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
klingon

Post by klingon »

Went down this road a couple of years ago with ATL trying to find out what was the score about copyright on the movie-run into a big pile of doo doo as there is an ongoing dispute about it-The Beeb don't own it,the director who seems to have intellectual copyright don't seem to own it either,and the bod selling the pirate copies DEFINITELY don't own it!-and it seems that to actually stop him selling them,the FACT folks have to act on behalf of the copyright holder-catch 22- the original production company basically doesn't exist anymore either-got very confused trying to find out and gave up! :?
"I hate two faced people-don't know which face to punch first!"
Richie

Post by Richie »

here here....
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Speaking of copyright, the bloke selling this pic of k7 post recovery got a nerve, eBay item no 270889259905
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

If it's his own pic then it's his copyright so I s'pose that's above board. It's not one of ours. I'm looking forward to putting that badge back on though.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.