Officially full of wind!

Richie

Re: Officially full of wind!

Post by Richie »

HAHAHAHA... :lol: :lol:
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Richie wrote:HAHAHAHA... :lol: :lol:
You think I'm joking?.....
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Here is some fantastic sailing footage. Mad Ausies!

http://youtu.be/HxN33qW-n4E
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Richie

Post by Richie »

Seen that one before.... You seen the one where prodential strike rocks at high speed ! Awesome. Incidentally Jordan I know of an ovington 18 footer lying on a nearby beach dying a slow death... It's still restorable and your the man for the job, I will crew for you
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Jordangbr

Officially full of wind!

Post by Jordangbr »

I've not seen that one. A skiff would be fun but we would need a 3rd man.
Bangers!
Richie

Post by Richie »

Bill would be Ideal (heavy crew means a fast skiff) hahahaha John, Mike ? Youth ? as JIb man (or woman) they would have the easiest job.....you would need to paint the hull bluebird blue with a wavey union jack over the bow and along the side "spirit of the lake" ;)

i know that the 18 that i have seen will die on the beach as the club in which it resides are haters of Asymetric's
Jordangbr

Officially full of wind!

Post by Jordangbr »

Bill doesn't do WAFI things as he eyes it with suspicion. He's an engine man. :-)
Bangers!
Jordangbr

Officially full of wind!

Post by Jordangbr »

Anyway we would have to paint 'Spirit of the Lake' upside down so it would read right. Lots of capsizing etc!
Bangers!
Andrew453

Post by Andrew453 »

mtskull wrote:I don't suppose I will be challenging Jordan for speed, but I can't wait to get this one wet on Coniston Water with a sail full of wind!
(International 12, similar vintage to Bluebird K4).
Jings, that brings back memories. Taught myself to sail in one of them half a hundred years ago. Got very wet several times when I managed to 'coup' it, but then I discovered diesel engines and got all better! ;)
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Bill doesn't do WAFI things as he eyes it with suspicion. He's an engine man.
Hmmm - rather puts me in mind of when some of those fell-walking types asked if we'd take some sonar and diving kit up a big hill in the Lakes called Hell's villain or some such to a little pond on the top with a crashed mosquito bomber in it. The idea was sound. Water, crashed plane, sonar, diving... and then they dropped the bombshell. They wanted us to walk up there!
I mean, what kind of a stupid idea is that! Never mind... a word with some army types from one of our better-connected team members and we'd procured an altogether more efficient mode of transport.
Heli Landing.jpg
The guy in the read jacket, by the way, is our fallen comrade, Carl Spencer.

Now then, about being blown across the surface of the oggin in a coracle with sticks and string and an old bed sheet... I think not!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.