The Sponsons Thread

Renegadenemo

Re: The Sponsons Thread

Post by Renegadenemo »

Awesome.... Not looking forward to lifting them onto the job though
The shoes aren't going to be heavy. They're still about twice as thick as the finished job and they're easily manageable as they are but it's too soon to tell with the wedges as they're still big, solid billets.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
f1steveuk

Post by f1steveuk »

Tangible history of this type is a rare beasty, your lucky (and skilled) chaps!!
Steve Holter, UK and France, and sometimes reality....................
Wonderboot

Post by Wonderboot »

For those who live too far away to be able to offer help, stuff like this really is exciting to see. :D Thanks for posting this - oh to be there when they're bolted on and painted up!
I'm getting a lot of bloody row in here...
Richie

Post by Richie »

Hahahahahaha you teaser !
Last edited by Richie on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Wonderboot

Post by Wonderboot »

Richie wrote:Hahahahahaha
...and I know there's ages of work involved before that moment...doesn't stop followers of this forum being interested/excited! I'm utterly in awe of the task that Bill and the team have taken on. It's recreating so many dreams for so many admirers of DMC and the people who designed K7. Awesome.
I'm getting a lot of bloody row in here...
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Wonderboot just remember there is no such word as can't. Unless you live on the moon......
;-)
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I remember so many people looking at us as though we'd taken leave of our senses when we said we'd rebuild K7 and pointing out that it was a colossal job and we'd never maintain the passion and enthusiasm and me thinking, eh? No it's not, all we have to do is keep taking bits off and mending them and putting them back and one day we'll have a mended hydroplane. Like mowing a big lawn, I said, nothing difficult just sh*tloads of it!

I realise now that they were right and I was... less right.

But they got the passion and enthusiasm part all wrong.

wbjohn

Post by wbjohn »

Mike Bull wrote:Look everyone, this is where we'll have a lovely canopy fitted one day!
00.jpg
;)
Great scenery shot that Mike :)
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Never mind all that, look at how straight those cockpit rails are. A work of art.

Terminator

Post by Terminator »

A lovely scenery shot indeed Mike of ongoing work appropriate to this thread :D A fantastic job. On another matter as i do from time to time in the shop or at the Museum I pointed a Bluebird/D.C enthusiast in the direction of the project website today. It still amazes me that people - one-still don't know the boat has been raised and two K7 is infact undergoing conserveering and will infact run once again! On learning this they find this to be excellent news and after explaining the story from 2001 onwards until we sacked the Hapless L Failure lot in 2006. They all can't believe we didn't get the money for such an iconic craft then I give them the current position of the rebuild explaining along the way the pain staking attention to detail and the labour of love being bestowed on returning every piece of original fabric to the craft by committed volunteers. Hopefully my time is not wasted on these people and they will visit the site and donate or by a shirt to support the cause or even join the forum. Only time will tell I guess.
Novie
I've Gone
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"