'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Sheppard

Terminator

Re: 'Donald Campbell- The Final Record Attempt' by Neil Shep

Post by Terminator »

Whilst on line I wanted to say a very big thank you to both Neil and Keith for giving us a great presentation/talk after the book launch at the Ruskin Museum on Friday 9th November 2012. I think it is fair to say that those of us that did attend thoroughly enjoyed their presentation and slide show. I would highly recommend the new edition of Neils revised book as a must have which sits nicely next to Gina's new book on the shelf which I also found to be an excellent read.

Job well done Ladies and Gentlemen. :D
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
KW Mitchell

Post by KW Mitchell »

Thanks, Novie. Much appreciated.

Apologies for the interruptions in my presentation - a new IPad connector cable is on the way!

Keith
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Never mind saying hello! We came into the office this morning to find an ornament that's lain up on top of a cabinet for years gathering dust flung into the middle of the floor. Looks like he came to see us again instead.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
corrine

Post by corrine »

Thanks for posting this info, I am going to order a copy, good for you for putting it togeather
I wish someone would put a book togeather from the begining when Donald started, I remember
a long time ago the record breaking cars and boats came to Harrogate, I was very ypoung at the time
but I took some pictures, but alas over the years they have been lost, it would be great to seee them
all in thier splendure again. best regards Mac Harrogate :idea:
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Corrine / Mac Harrogate

You may wish to get the following books to get as good a full story as possible, which I can recommend:

David Tremayne wrote - "Donald Campbell, The man behind the mask".

Steve Holter wrote - "Leap into Legend, Donald Campbell and the complete story of the World Speed Records"

Both Tonia and Gina have written about Donald, each from a family perspective as wife (#3) and daughter respectively.

Should you be in Coniston each can be purchased from the newsagents where you may get to meet Novie from the Bluebird Project :o .

Malcolm
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
lsrdatabase

Post by lsrdatabase »

corrine wrote:Thanks for posting this info, I am going to order a copy, good for you for putting it togeather
I wish someone would put a book togeather from the begining when Donald started, I remember
a long time ago the record breaking cars and boats came to Harrogate, I was very ypoung at the time
but I took some pictures, but alas over the years they have been lost, it would be great to seee them
all in thier splendure again. best regards Mac Harrogate :idea:
Hi Corrine,

My book 'Rainbow Coloured' coves the full life (and build) of K7, see www.rainbowcoloured.co.uk

Kind regards, Fred
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

My book 'Rainbow Coloured' coves the full life (and build) of K7, see www.rainbowcoloured.co.uk
Is that you plugging your book again, Fred? If this was Pistonheads you'd be properly moderated... :D
But seriously, Fred has put a lot of work into his book and I'd also recommend Steve Holter's 'Leap', which is excellent, as is Dave Tremayne's 'The Man Behind The Mask'.

rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

This is all very sad indeed but I for one agree with the action taken. Regarding the alleged "real fans" comment, I struggle to think of how the BBP Team can better demonstrate its committment than by spending thousands of voluntary hours over many years, often at considerable personal expense to its members and certainly without large-scale funding, on restoring K7 to running condition.

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Sadly, a sense of humour is not something we've often shared with Fred. I don't mean that in a bad way it's just that our lot have skin like rhinoceros hide and the ability to laugh at ourselves and our misfortunes but not everyone is made that way. Can't have huffs and such in here though.

sheppane

Post by sheppane »

My book's pretty good. (that is a plug!) ;-)
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/