Pic of the Day

Dominic Owen

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by Dominic Owen »

Renegadenemo wrote:He he... another illusion for the 'boat didn't land on her left-hand side' brigade. Another instance where what you think you saw is not what you get. You'd swear that inside face was curved.
So, are you saying she didn't land on her stern then?? :lol:

Absolutely stunning images of equally stunning work, as always. I'm ever so slightly speechless and all the more in anticipation of the next diary update.
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...
wbjohn

Post by wbjohn »

I'm so happy, Richie and I have finally completed the skeleton for the first of two sponsons, but as with this whole project we must remember it's a team game and without all the players we would not be at this position, but please continue with compliments, well done team, another mile stone reached :D
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I'm so happy, Richie and I have finally completed the skeleton for the first of two sponsons
Erm... haven't you done them both? Only one is in the paint shop and the other is a world of green.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Here here.... We may have cursed, screamed and thrown sharpies at the wall more than most, but it was a team effort for sure... I only hope after all the bleating on we did to Mike and Bill about lefty.... Righty is less of a mental scar to assemble...time will tell time will tell :shock:
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

Mike Bull wrote: ......all credit to John and Richie for spending a long and sometimes difficult time in fettling it from the heap of parts we made them.
I agree entirely. Even on my infrequent visits I have witnessed first hand the monumental effort put in by John and Richie - the banter between them alone is priceless!

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Richie

Post by Richie »

No no.....everyone is equally to blame if something goes awry with them........
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I did enjoy the cheer that went up on Saturday when they finally finished setting up the aft spar frames. At least they think they have. There's still eight stiffeners to build and fit in there. I'd love to omit them but they're sure to upset the weight and balance if we do.

sheppane

Post by sheppane »

Re pic of the day:

It's close. Damned close...
Untitled.jpg
Home-s.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

It's close. Damned close...
It's not far away and it's encouraging to hear it said too, so thanks... It needs the front, lower edge cut into an upward facing slope to follow the line of the underside of the sponson and that'll get the nose right but it's not there that it's wrong. It's three formers back where it meets the next section of skin. It's slightly gappy around the former and trying to modify it is likely to be more time consuming than just making a new one. It's really thin material up there for weight saving reasons, only 0.8mm, so there's no room to be filing and fettling. It's either right or it isn't. We'll give it another go then pop a picture up for approval.

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Luckily we have the drawing for the taller sponson tops, so we're not just guessing with the tip
Speak for yourself! Try making it into a 3D shape using only tinfoil!