The Elephant In The Room

mtskull

Re: Should Bluebird run on Coniston Poll - local paper

Post by mtskull »

Digitaljunior wrote:The local paper is running a week long Poll on whether Bluebird should run on Coniston again.

Currently 79% say NO !

You can vote how you want but the poll can be found on the front page here:

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/news/

8-)
May I respectfully suggest that those of us who wholeheartedly support the Bluebird Project do not dignify this online poll b*ll*cks with a response? There is no "Elephant in the room" but I sense a storm in a teacup brewing....
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Renegadenemo

Re: The Elephant In The Room

Post by Renegadenemo »

I go out for a few hours and all hell breaks loose...

A poll, eh. Last time this exact poll was run, someone in Westminster made a new law for us. The outcome this time will be interesting because the loser's club has fallen over itself for the past 72 hours to promote the chip on its shoulder while we've been in the workshop building a boat that's going home one way or the other.
But what's truly sickening is that it seems a friend in need has become a friend to be manipulated to serve a sad agenda...

Who did write Gina's statement?
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Argh. If I may, it's Gina I feel for in this matter, it takes a real low life scum bag to approach family of the deceased and advise on injuries etc sustained to that person irrespective of if they were otherwise aware or not before hand. Gina has some firm friends within the project and I am sure she knows we are here for her if she needs us. Given what she has been through of late she needs time to rest and clear her head, the problem I fear is other parties with sinister motives will not afford her the time she needs.
Last edited by Richie on Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

The news paper poll is an insult to the rigorous consultation process (over three years in duration) undertaken by the LDNPA and it's officers, on the bye law change and operating Bluebird K7 on Coniston Water. There was an internet poll then, but also meetings in public with the stakeholders in the area and with Councillors and other elected persons and the public who took the trouble to attend.

I feel the Westmoreland Gazette editor has been misled by a few into putting the question in a poll which has no meaning, unless each and every stakeholder has been approached and the existence of the poll has been made known 'nationally'.

I would urge the BBP to avoid the use of names when commenting upon motives or intentions, unless the person has already made a separate post on the web. Tony S has made Gina's words available without any personal comment. David A seems content to post a reply to another forum standing by his opposition to K7 running.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Just looked on the Westmorland Gazette website - Must be a slow news day when one of the headlines is "Fire brigade attend toaster fire in Ullverston"! Looks like the voting evening itself up, however the votes have been cast. Chris
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

ace_chris wrote: Looks like the voting evening itself up, however the votes have been cast. Chris
.... Enthusiastically :-)

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Richie

Post by Richie »

i have not voted yet, i am undecided.....

my vote may be the clincher, the fly in the soup, the poke in the eye, the straw that broke the camels back, the hair in the sarny.... anything can happen :lol:
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

We know from the original poll that most want to see the old tin boat up on her planing points so no big surprise there. A bit of shenanigans in the background but that's not unheard of either if you look at the history of this job.
When we recovered the boat a few conspiracy theorists had it down to the scheming BBC when it was a Marillion song and a crew of lunatic divers. When the HLF bids were going on we had a different lot convince themselves that there was money-centered skulduggery afoot and the more they dug the more all concerned closed ranks to tell them nothing, which of course only confirmed their suspicions. The good that came out of that was a raft of changes in the way HLF do things that have benefited many applicants since. Now we have the toys out of the pram because we wouldn't have the boat hijacked and carted off to Beaulieu in a half-finished state.

In the meantime we've never wavered for a day or wasted a minute in preparing the machine back to running order so we can take her home. Good job we're not easily distracted - isn't it.

We had a meeting earlier in the week with the museum and others involved with the rebuild. It was coincidence, we'd had it planned for a while, but the outcome was that we're all as committed as ever to rebuilding and running K7 before she goes on permanent display in Coniston.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Just to keep everyone up to speed there is a 'new' Bluebird K7 topic on the pistonheads site. It has started from the Westmoreland Gazette poll, but has not yet brought forth the contributors from the previous 'thread'.

I do not need to post anything as my comments are being 'captured' from other web forums.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

article-2212872-1559A7F9000005DC-508_306x484.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/