The Elephant In The Room

Renegadenemo

Re: The Elephant In The Room

Post by Renegadenemo »

Why do we have a pic of Gina and her old man?
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

I was wondering the very same thing Bill to be honest re picture being put up?
malcolm uk wrote:Just to keep everyone up to speed there is a 'new' Bluebird K7 topic on the piston heads site. It has started from the Westmoreland Gazette poll, but has not yet brought forth the contributors from the previous 'thread'.

I do not need to post anything as my comments are being 'captured' from other web forums.
Well in for a penny in for a pound :D Upon till today we at the Bluebird Project had maintained a dignified silence whilst the other 3 or so vermin over the past two weeks mutate into multiple people hiding behind forum names they think in their tony minds that nobody recognizes them and even people playing the double bluff, whatever Losers! They lavish disgusting comments on the very people who have slaved away in restoring The Donalds craft for the past six and a half years! They sling mud, and innuendo based on ill informed information and try to twist the facts on a subject they wish they could be part off!
Why is this so you may ask? All so they can stick the knife into the one person they hate so much and have had a personal axe to grind with over many years. They walk amongst us professing to not wanting to get involved and are neither on one side of the fence or another. They speak of "Not wanting to fall out with you" even though you never asked the question in the first place or give a sh-t :lol: :lol: :lol: whatever fools.
I think Richie has hit the nail on the head but what he through no fault of his own will not know is the history behind the length of time it has taken to bend that vulnerable persons ear at every given opportunity ( Since records week 2011when the triple sinker showed up) in the hope that one day that person under their constant and relentless barrage would succumb to "Their will" and that is what this is all about the Will of three or four outstanding Losers who have gone to extraordinary lengths to impose "Their" will by posts on forum's under alias's,emails,texts altering Wikipedia and god only knows what other methods they have used to try to sway public opinion in favour of "Their" wishes.
At the first opportunity they have shown their true colours and it ain't Blue and Yellow ! One individual will probably be burning the midnight oil downing his usual bottle of whiskey and hitting the vote key over and over again like the Titanic's radio operator sending a distress signal using morse code on that fatal night when it sank like another craft come to think of it :) .

All in all the most of the villagers/ business's of Coniston would probably welcome you with a party for all your underhanded devious and vile methods ( A hanging party)for all the trouble you Losers have tried to muster in the past two weeks. But all you have achieved is caused a momentary pause,a mild distraction a brief delay whilst meetings are being held instead of the team getting on with the craft the village so desperately needs in these economic and difficult times.
If any of you had a brain we would be seriously worried but clearly you do not so we ain't :) Carry on and Keep Calm Gentlemen :D And to Phil Evans you have known me to long to be torn on this matter give me a call old friend.

Novie - Carrying on with what we started.

'You see once you start you're past the point of no return.' You've got to go on - there is no going back in life, you start something you've got to finish it.'
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Why do we have a pic of Gina and her old man?
It's a caption competition, right?

How about,

"The British, when they put their minds to it, can jolly-well overcome all obstacles."

Or maybe we're supposed to stop and think about what Donald might want to see done with his beloved K7?

Far be it from me to put words into his mouth but I've met enough of his mates to hazard a guess...

Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Good Morning
And furthermore :D what these several idiots only fail to realize is the danger they are placing the boat in with regards ever coming back to Coniston anytime soon :o I'm sure the villagers and the Ruskin Museum will thank you wholeheartedly for that! We don't need minor distractions getting in the way of rebuilding this iconic craft when we could be "getting on with the job".
They fail to realize also the amount of good will given by way of donations fund matching,Sponsored lake runs, materials,blood,sweat,tears,sponsorship, merchandise. etc etc etc etc etc etc etc and not forgetting the three quarters of a million pound Bluebird Wing built on the assumption at the start of the build back in December 2006 to full working condition. Its a little late in the day don't you think for any deviations from the original intentions as set out and fully agreed and signed six and a half years ago.
I personally would not want to be the person or persons suddenly facing those people/companies etc who come knocking on their door with the mother of all Bills and I don''t mean Smithy. Many people have known me out there for more years than I care to remember and I speak from the heart when I say the Bluebird Project deserve better than this for all their hard work and perseverance than a few poisonous individuals stirring :evil: the waters purely to grind an axe :evil: sticking the knife in and for what to settle a personal vendetta. In the words of a very nice gentlemen I know from the Humberside area If that's what you want lets have a meeting in the local car park and discuss things in a gentlemanly fashion instead of hiding behind curtains :twisted:

You people who sit in "the comfort of their arm chairs" who have enough to say on matters "but what do they know" alas have never lifted a finger or toiled week after to week to bring this Project to fruition You really make me sick to the bottom of my Stomach. Ask the lads that's a lot of evacuation on a quick release mechanism :lol:
Novie
"I've gone" :)
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Here's what I can't get my little noggin around, if and it is an if, is why does it appear Gina has been influenced so easily? She appears not to be one who takes such a decision lightly or quickly...

Regarding the car park comment was that the preferred method of criminal apprehension in Humberside E?

Chris
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Here's what I can't get my little noggin around, if and it is an if, is why does it appear Gina has been influenced so easily? She appears not to be one who takes such a decision lightly or quickly...
Ah, now therein lies a different tale. You see, this one involves another character, and Malcolm is right - we shouldn't use names so for the purposes of telling the story we shall call this individual 'The Qualcast Kid', or simply, The Kid.

Now then, The kid decided some weeks ago that K7 should be moved to Beaulieu next summer - don't pass Go and collect £200, don't bother with Coniston, which has waited patiently all this time and who cares what the museum, sponsors or volunteer team have to say - straight to Beaulieu (That's another word, like bureaucrat, that I only learned to spell because of this job)

The reason for this - we were told - was to celebrate Donald's double and, on paper at least, it's an excellent idea, but back in 2001 The Kid campaigned tirelessly to have K7 recovered at the south end of the lake (which is all 2ft deep, thick with reeds and has no access) supposedly out of respect and dignity for Donald when really there was a 25K photo-exclusive on offer to Rex features. We had to wonder about the Beaulieu trip.

That notwithstanding, we looked at the problem, consulted widely and concluded it was a non-starter that would cost money we don't have, waste time that could be better spent and require much work to the boat that would later have to be undone and thrown away - it was a mad idea so we said no.

But The Kid doesn't know anyone who says no - or so it seems - so all the toys came out of the pram. Bit of a hoo-ha, Loser's Club saw their opportunity and seized it - grapes thoroughly soured and support to finish the project summarily withdrawn. And this doesn't apply only to running the machine. We're supposed to throw it in the museum in whatever state it's in by next summer at the latest. Doesn't matter if half of it is missing and it still looks like the Hungry Caterpillar.

Needless to say, all this talk of respecting wishes, which we've moved heaven and Earth to do for many years, does not apply in this instance because a massive project with roots all the way from Rob who takes rivets out on a weekend to 'engineering giants' to the government minister who signed our byelaw to the whole Cumbrian machine that built a museum, is supposed to grind to a halt because the Kid can't have his own way. No respect due on this occasion, I'm afraid.

And finally, for the record, I do not attach any blame to Gina. There are, however, some sad individuals who ought to be deeply ashamed.

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Bill I really appreciate you posting that, it clarifies a great deal, qualcast kid...made me chuckle do they pronounce it like that in welsh, sorry Wales?
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

do they pronounce it like that in welsh, sorry Wales?
Mike will tell you better - he's Welsh. Oops, now I've said something potentially inflammatory.

rob565uk

Re: Should Bluebird run on Coniston Poll - local paper

Post by rob565uk »

Digitaljunior wrote:The local paper is running a week long Poll on whether Bluebird should run on Coniston again.

Currently 79% say NO !

You can vote how you want but the poll can be found on the front page here:

http://www.thewestmorlandgazette.co.uk/news/

8-)

Did anyone note the final scores? When I last looked, it was about 70:30 in favour of YES, but I see the poll has ended now and I cannot find an onsite link to the results.

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Richie

Post by Richie »

oh shoot !!!!!! I thought it was running until Sunday ? I never got to vote in the end.... I was saving it in case it was needed, but if your saying it was a 70 / 30 in favour of yes, I guess my vote was of little consequence.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."