New Bluebird restoration project?

bluebirdsback

Re: New Bluebird restoration project?

Post by bluebirdsback »

Wait till you get to my age. Still have the canons from the Boer war ringing in me ears.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

Renegadenemo wrote:
Aye you're right Bill. My memory is going at 33...
You wait 'til you get to Checkie's age!
It's not wise to wait THAT long :-)

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Half a league, half a league,
[EM SPACE] Half a league onward,
All in the valley of Death,
[EM SPACE] Rode the six hundred.
'Forward, the Light Brigade!
Charge for the guns' he said:
Into the valley of Death
[EM SPACE] Rode the six hundred.
But only after Rob has finished his smurkey tab and the football results are in.....
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Ah, right Jordan. I think you might find it was only five hudred and ninety eight. When me and my pal saw the name of the place we got a tadge suspicious and rode the other way. Had our tabs, and found Sunderland got beat 3-0. Still we did manage to beat the Germans 5-4 Christmas day 1914.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
Alacrity

Post by Alacrity »

In the Classic Motor Boat Association (see here) we have a few Jetstars, none of which are, to my knowledge, 2 strokes. That doesn't mean this one isn't of course as there were a few boats built with the V4 OMC powerhead driving a pump or a shaft. Never great - a heavy lump for its power & a gas pig to boot. The V4 & V6 Ford powered boats were much better & what we see still running at our rallies. We had a nice one at the Beaulieu boat jumble last year alongside K3 on our CMBA stand.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

In the Classic Motor Boat Association (see here)
I'm sure I did a talk for you guys some years ago, somewhere way down south at a boat museum. I met up with an old diving pal and stayed on his boat in Plymouth and we decided to go for a beer but the best pub was on the other side of the river about a mile away so we took a tiny semi-rigid inflatable and bimbled over there in the pitch dark.
That part was easy - it was the tipping out having imbibed eleventy-six pints of ale and trying to return by the same method. We did it eventually after getting lost on the river and being almost unshipped by a dozing seal that we piled into at full speed - poor beast.
A memorable night out, though.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.