New Members

James atb

Re: New Members

Post by James atb »

I really enjoyed meeting you all and lending a hand with bluebird k7. I was planning on coming back up next Saturday, but if there's a more convenient day this week just let me know. James
richw_82

Post by richw_82 »

Hi all,

Rich Woods here, from Derbyshire. I've been following you a long time, mainly through your main websites and the odd update that appears in the aviation press. As with many, I had a passing knowledge of the legendary Donald Campbell and his boat, but I got sucked in more to reading about your projects when I found out about the Barracuda. I must have spent the better part of a day lost in your website reading the old diary entries! Its all inspiring stuff, and its heartening to see what can be done with what often seems to be the worst damaged material - but an intensely positive attitude.

I'd like to visit Bluebird and the Bluebird Project Team at some point, though my free time takes a hit by my own commitments to a large project. I'm part of a team maintaining and attempting to return to flight Avro Shackleton WR963 at Coventry. We're a few years off seeing it happen; ours is more a paperwork battle with authority than a rebuild at the moment.

Hope you don't mind me joining in.

Regards,

Rich
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Hope you don't mind me joining in.
Hi Rich - good to meet you, if you know what I mean. You're very welcome and please don't be backwards in coming forwards.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Rich1981

Newbie saying hi

Post by Rich1981 »

Hi I would just like to say hello and congratulate everyone involved in returning k7 back to the water. I have only just stumbled on the website and have spent the last day reading all the diary entries. I will be making a donation soon to the cause and only wish I had the skills involved to come and assist.
Rich1981

Post by Rich1981 »

Oh yer I can drive all types of brooms and paint brushes but tea making I excel at lol
Sandbachris

Post by Sandbachris »

Hello all. Isn't it amazing how the Bluebird story continues to this day. The Campbell name forever a catalyst uniting glory, bravery, determination and all people of the world with a glint of child in their eye. Thanks for letting me on the forum.
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

As long as you don't ask the 'when' question of course.....
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
markm

Post by markm »

First of all a thank you for allowing me to join the forum
As a small child I can just about remember seeing the news and the film of Donalds boat crashing at Coniston but being so young it did not really mean anything to me
I also had a Dinky or Corgi CN7 which was one of my favourite toys

Whatever was implanted in my mind so young has stayed with me and I have a interest in anything related to Donald Campbell or Land Speed Records

Mark
quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

markm wrote:I also had a Dinky or Corgi CN7 which was one of my favourite toys
It would have been a Corgi toy, Mark. I had one too, 1965-time. The setback with zooming it across the school playground was always that pieces of gravel it encountered were not to scale!

Consequently, every high-speed run terminated abruptly in a lurid end-over-end crash.

Nigel
Richie

Post by Richie »

It's all about the running conditions Nige...

School halls were awesome for it !
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."