Michael Schumacher/Formula 1

quicksilver-wsr

Re: Michael Schumacher/Formula 1

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

Against all odds, Manor/Marussia look set to realise their goal of returning to the F1 grid.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117897

They will be at a massive disadvantage, but if they are still in the fold they'll have the precious lifeline of a chance to battle forward.

An interesting aside to this saga was that some of the "middle-runners" woke up to the fact that, with Caterham F1 already dead and gone, if Marussia wasn't there at the back of the grid, it would be them instead :shock:

Nigel
quicksilver-wsr

ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

To be fair, look at how Red Bulls advantage was cut back over the past few seasons with the tightening of rules on exhaust's, blown diffusers, flexibility of body parts, and engine mapping.

The Merc engine is so dominant and clearly Merc they have their own agenda in terms of the wider commercial market as to why they wont relent on the current engine regs. As usual politics seem to be dictating the sport!

Think Red Bull may sell to another car manufacturer instead of leaving all together...
Dominic Owen

Post by Dominic Owen »

quicksilver-wsr wrote:Talk about sour grapes ...

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12475 ... re-changed

Nigel :roll:
Does anyone want to join in a chorus of "You only sing when you're winning.."?
One by one, the penguins are stealing my sanity...
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Dominic Owen wrote:
Does anyone want to join in a chorus of "You only sing when you're winning.."?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
quicksilver-wsr

Deary me, this is making McLaren and Williams - who have stuck at F1 through periods of utter hellishness - look like the real winners ...

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/renault-consi ... ml#vWoGzV4

Nigel
Dangermouse

Post by Dangermouse »

I'm told that the other rumour doing the rounds is that Renault might want to buy an existing team and go back into the sport as a works outfit. STR have apparently been mentioned as a possible candidate, presumably as they're doing more impressive things with the engines than Red Bull are at the moment (especially if you think of it in € spent per point won terms).
Matt in Mid Wales
quicksilver-wsr

Love the new McLaren livery. After 18 years in silver, they were due a change ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/32611280

Style and good taste by the bucketful. That's McLaren.

Nigel
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

A current headline is Michael Schumachers wife has sold their private jet valued at 25million. Reason being given by the press is he won't be needing it anymore! Their Holiday home in Norway has also gone and thinking of selling the chalet in France. I would say she is gathering the war chest so to speak, as Michaels care is not cheap and going to burn a considerable hole in their finances with his 24/7 full on intensive care. Even with Millions still coming in from his business affairs it will cost a fortune. :shock:

Novie
Still Hoping for a miracle
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

A current headline is Michael Schumachers wife has sold their private jet valued at 25million. Reason being given by the press is he won't be needing it anymore! Their Holiday home in Norway has also gone and thinking of selling the chalet in France. I would say she is gathering the war chest so to speak, as Michaels care is not cheap and going to burn a considerable hole in their finances with his 24/7 full on intensive care. Even with Millions still coming in from his business affairs it will cost a fortune. :shock:
Balancing the books is that people with such devastating brain injuries usually only cling on for about five years at best so hopefully there'll be enough left in the pot for his unfortunate family to rebuild their lives once the inevitable catches up with them. Got to be realistic about such things.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.