Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

Renegadenemo

Re: Other Speed Record Breakers Are Available!

Post by Renegadenemo »

Now I thought you might have added a Donald Trump favourite, that Americans in America are being over run by Mexicans and the other M? Is the management of wall building amongst your skill set, Bill?
Building a wall would be simple enough but have you seen how well those damn Mexicans can dig a tunnel?
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Renegadenemo wrote:... but have you seen how well those damn Mexicans can dig a tunnel?
The ingenious ba*****s are good at mining? Did not expect that.

As Guy Martin has already knighted Richard Noble, may I suggest that the Palace is invited to honour the engineer on the Thrust 2 programme and various other speed and flight related efforts ..... JOHN ACKROYD. You may wish to put forward others, however John will be 80 next year and deserves to be recognised for his many "engineering achievements".
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Renegadenemo wrote:Off you go then...
https://www.gov.uk/honours/overview
There will need to be support from others when applying to HMG. I trust some others will provide written endorsements.

Now where has that 25th hour gone ........... or the eighth day in my week...........
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Now where has that 25th hour gone ........... or the eighth day in my week...........
You're such a lightweight! My weeks have had nine days in then for years!

malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

Renegadenemo wrote: You're such a lightweight!
Possibly very true. And I used to spend many of my days of the week sitting at a desk taking actions as only a 'senior manager' could. [Then I became an 'Associate Director'].

This thread is taking a direction well away from the title, so ....... apart from Coniston records week for boats; Speedweek end on ice in Sweden; Lake Gairdner speed trials in the outback; ................. what news if any from British workshops, garages and basements on projects for 2017?
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

what news if any from British workshops, garages and basements on projects for 2017?
Well we've got the canopy frame mostly built and from there it's off to a 3D CAD design company to have the surface developed for the canopy itself. That will then be routed from MDF, coated with resin and used to vac-form the bubble part - looking forward to that. The guys now have the main tank fitting properly so that leaves a single fuel line to fettle and we're ready for engine runs in the hull, and we have a Viper engine coming in for a tune-up sometime soon.

mtskull

Post by mtskull »

malcolm uk wrote:what news if any from British workshops, garages and basements on projects for 2017?
This little device has been taking shape in the Addingham Jet Propulsion Laboratory. Despite numerous setbacks with earlier versions (mostly involving spitting turbines out of the jetpipe in a stream of white-hot shards), the Mk.5 seen here has made many test runs over the last few weeks. Now that reliability has been achieved and some good baseline data captured, henceforth efforts will focus on modifications aimed at maximising thrust.
So far, using propane fuel, the spectacular figure of 2kg static thrust has been observed and with improvements to the mass flow, conversion to kerosene and the addition of an afterburner, I am confident that it will soon be ready to chase records.
The only problem remaining is, what to power with it? :ugeek:
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Mike Bull wrote:A new effort has appeared...

https://www.jet-hydroplane.uk/
How impressive: A name, a pilot, a website and someone who once met Gina Campbell.
Wake me up when they have built a boat..... :|
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
malcolm uk

Post by malcolm uk »

You did forgot the Viper engine and a safety capsule with F16 screen.

It is easy to forget that in the early eighties a project leader showed a few drawings and an Avon jet engine on a stand, all to get his project back on track after rolling the first jet car that was built for him.
Malcolm Pittwood
The Bluebird Project
Operations