Technical Talk

thebassmasta

Re: Technical Talk

Post by thebassmasta »

you could tell she didnt know nothing about the bluebird :D but on a lighter note great response from you bill
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Was up ast the crack of dawn as usual and forgot the dam thing was on 5 live Bu--er! Link please Mr. Bull :D frog
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

-a triumph of good answers over the usual daft and ill-informed questions, I thought, Couldn't half hear that you'd not been up long though! :lol:
Had to listen to that back as I did it whilst asleep. Got away with it, though...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
no1traumanurse

Post by no1traumanurse »

Piston Broke wrote:
Mike Bull wrote:Doing the website? Two diaries a year! :lol: ;)
Yes it is now . Back then the diaries were a bit more frequent and all hard coded none of this copy and paste stuff would take a good few hours of coding to get them up. Not like the current site where I can sort it in under a hour depending on how picture heavy they are.

As Ritchie says it matters not one iota we all play our part
Alain
If you get a quiet couple of hours, could the diary pages be fixed at some point? 2nd diary of 2007 and the whole of 2009 are still bereft of piccy pics and May 2011 is still duplicated, has been over 3 years now. Any new followers spurred on by the recent news coverage are going to be pretty confused when they get to sentences like "Here's an example we're working on"
Sorry for the negative post.
bluebirdsback

Post by bluebirdsback »

Talking about hours put in i have done a couple myself. I think it was about this time of year 2005 when i first wandered into the workshop and due to having the right size spanner for the auxilary fuel tank was told i could come back. Seen a lot of team members come and go over the years. Seem to have a good solid team now though who look to be in it for the final push. Great bunch to work with too.
The moment you make something idiot proof a new breed of idiots will come along and prove you wrong
Richie

Post by Richie »

no1traumanurse wrote:
Piston Broke wrote:
Mike Bull wrote:Doing the website? Two diaries a year! :lol: ;)
Yes it is now . Back then the diaries were a bit more frequent and all hard coded none of this copy and paste stuff would take a good few hours of coding to get them up. Not like the current site where I can sort it in under a hour depending on how picture heavy they are.

As Ritchie says it matters not one iota we all play our part
Alain
If you get a quiet couple of hours, could the diary pages be fixed at some point? 2nd diary of 2007 and the whole of 2009 are still bereft of piccy pics and May 2011 is still duplicated, has been over 3 years now. Any new followers spurred on by the recent news coverage are going to be pretty confused when they get to sentences like "Here's an example we're working on"
Sorry for the negative post.

You couldnt write it, except you did :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

litterally creased up at the irony, Bill dock that man a days pay :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Terminator

Post by Terminator »

Getting ahead of oursleves gentlemen! Don't even get me started on miles travelled, hours committed on lakes,sponsored runs, fundrasing dinners etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc etc You two newbies who live but a stones throw away.
Novie
"Never ride faster than your Angel can fly"
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Not turning into 'black catters' are we chaps?

Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Richie

Post by Richie »

BANTER

:roll: :roll: :roll:
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

We now have the gutted hull back on the rollover jig and we're into the fabrication again with the outer floors remaining the last big challenge. While Jordan and Dave de-riveted the forward ends of the skins that tore loose in the crash taking the rivets with them (oh what fun we used to have in our endless sea of de-riveting) Mike wandered about with a brush and a tin of Hammerite picking up the bits he had missed while the boat was right way up. Meanwhile, I got stuck into the corrugations from the nose floor and instantly remembered what an absolute b'stard it is to get a crashed, corrugated panel back into tolerance. Please can we go back to engines that won't start? They suddenly seem so much easier.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.