Bluebird Archive Photos & Films

quicksilver-wsr

Re: Bluebird Archive Photos & Films

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

An item with the headline "Unseen Donald Campbell speed record footage restored" has just appeared on the BBC News website ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-28308872

The BBP's work is also featured on this page.

Nigel
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

Looking at that cover picture on the DVD, I am reminded again that Mr Campbell certainly had style as well as courage and bravery by the bucketful. I think I will be ordering a DVD.

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Paul.mccaughtrie

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by Paul.mccaughtrie »

Found this pic on EBay for sale today,a press photo of Donald Campbell's chair which was featured in a newspaper the day after the tragic accident.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stafford
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Yes, a few pic's of the rather forlorn seat were taken, later used by Mike and his then helper to prefectly reproduce the seat. Seems an age ago!
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Paul.mccaughtrie

So these grainy newspaper images helped you guys a lot? How did you decide where to start on K7?
Stafford
Paul.mccaughtrie

I've been working on my own little Bluebird project at work,my forklift based on Bluebird.Doesn't quite get to 300mph :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stafford
thebassmasta

Re: Looking Back In Time- Archive Bluebird Photos

Post by thebassmasta »

sheppane wrote:0155457.jpgDuring the long drawn out 66/67 attempt, DMC also went for the world waterborne scooter record... here is Don returning to the jetty after the unsuccessful attempt. The scooter ran out of fuel on the way to the measured Kilo... and Louis Goosens had to rush to the rescue to refuel the craft... after that conditions were never the same again, and DMC returned to the WSR to drum up support for a future attempt.... (PS. This message is a day and a half late ;) )
Neil, in your book you show a picture of DMC piloting a water vespa, you have probably been told this before that it is actually a Lambretta j125 starstream, not an easy observation to be honest. On a positive note its a great book and i love reading all the facts and figures.
sheppane

Post by sheppane »

Thanks for letting me know. I will make that amendment should we ever do another reprint.
'When you go down into the arena, you know that sometimes, you're likely to get your nose punched. You do it with your eyes open. You take the risks'

Donald Campbell, Bluebird and The Final Record Attempt. https://www.facebook.com/bluebirdk7/
midlife

Bluebird Archive Photos & Films

Post by midlife »

Hi all,
Well, I've just read this thread from start to finish, all 477 posts....
What a fantastic read & the pictures are amazing.
Cheers
Wayne

StewDurham

Nice earl pic

Post by StewDurham »

Good luck to the BBP team, makes me proud to be British (and a North-easterner to boot!). Damn fine work, chaps!