Technical Talk

Renegadenemo

Re: Technical Talk

Post by Renegadenemo »

Shhhhh! I only have two left! :lol:
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

What happened with the canopy? Last time i was on nights you were fabricating a plug????
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

What happened with the canopy? Last time i was on nights you were fabricating a plug????
Made the canopy frame then moved on because we had to take the air intakes off so that put a stop to canopy work - but it's well advanced and we'll get back to it soon as the intakes go back on.

Black Knight

Post by Black Knight »

That explains that then, thought like me, got bored & need to do something else for a bit lol
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Not technical talk as such, but does anyone have a copy of The Record Breakers by Leo? I can't seem to find mine but I know that somewhere in the back there's a reference to K7 resting in 140ft of water. Any chance someone can dig that out and quote it for me? It's for a little writing project I have going on.

Thanks.

mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Renegadenemo wrote: Tue May 23, 2017 11:09 am Not technical talk as such, but does anyone have a copy of The Record Breakers by Leo? I can't seem to find mine but I know that somewhere in the back there's a reference to K7 resting in 140ft of water. Any chance someone can dig that out and quote it for me? It's for a little writing project I have going on.

Thanks.
I am currently 3000 miles away from my copy but I'll get on it as soon as I get home on Thursday.
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

Here it is. For some reason, one cannot key the word Skip-per in without hyphenating it, so I have ...
By now we were under way. ‘For God’s sake go slowly, Rob,’ I shouted. I was scared that Donald would surface and get caught up in our propeller. We spotted his helmet and made for it, thinking it was the Skip-per. The empty helmet was lifted on board. Then, in turn, we found his life-jacket, boots, socks, gloves, and finally his mascot, Mr Whoppit.

We stood by on that lake for over two and a half hours, hoping against hope. The shattered seat cushion, his head rest, the air bottle which had served his breathing mask all bobbed up to the surface. The two forward sponsons, shorn of their top fairings, floated listlessly among the dozens of polythene air bags that had been released from the shattered hull now lying 140 feet below us.

Still we stood to, staring blankly at the surface of the water, unconsciously picking up things as they floated to the surface. Still, absurdly, hoping, hoping ...
N.
quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

After several attempts at keying it in - and thinking I was having a 'senior moment', briefly, where what I was seeing with my eyes wasn't connected to what my brain was interpreting - I guessed that was what it was, but didn't like to say anything as I know people can get prickly at times about such things.

Had to smile when the penny finally dropped.

Nigel :lol:
Richie

Post by Richie »

It got me on the sailing thread a week or so ago, when I used the S word to refer to the helm of the boat, I hadn't noticed until posted that "Donald" came up instead...

I just chuckled and left it !

I would imagine DC helming a 49er would be somewhat hilarious......if not deadly.
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
gadget master

was the cockpit instrument panel painted ?

Post by gadget master »

hello everyone, i am in the process of building a 1/10 scale bluebird K7 and can't find any information regarding the instrument panel in the cockpit as to if it was painted with the RAL 5009 azure blue or ?, any help very much appreciated.