Pic of the Day

Renegadenemo

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by Renegadenemo »

.I suppose what I am trying to establish in my mind is whether DC had time and presence of mind to actually deploy the brake at the moment it all started to go wrong...
I'd say very unlikely if not impossible.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Today's POTD, by chance did one of the roll over Joh stands get recycled into the joggle tool stand ?
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

Is this the same piece that was seen being raised from the lake in the "Lift DVD"?
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

That's the one. The opposite side was in two halves. We got the first bit in Oct 2000, the rest didn't come out until April 2007 after a four month search.

quicksilver-wsr

Post by quicksilver-wsr »

Hearty congrats upon progress evidenced in today's POTD.

It's as clear an indication as you could ever have of the great strides made. So easy to take them for granted, but - as Ringo said - "It don't come easy."

Nigel
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

I have a particular affinity for that panel. It was the first big piece lifted.
We moved it in October 2000.
I knelt on the lakebed and blew a lift bag without knowing that I was sitting on top of the target. How I escaped being cut to ribbons as it exploded from the mud and shot past my face or dragged to the surface with it I will never know but that was the first and last piece bagged to the surface. After that we took a tend-line with a set of grips on the end, clamped them on then put the smallest toot of air in the lift bag then pulled on the line once all the divers were safely aboard. Once clear of the bottom the bag would expand and do all the work.
Happy days...

Richie

Post by Richie »

Current POTD

Mike are you not itching to get the radio set mounted in, along with all the other gubbins..now that the cockpit is sealed in ?

I know it'd all have to come back out again, but still !!
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Richie

Post by Richie »

But it would be cool to look at for like five minutes :lol:

Also today's POTD...... If that's the panel I tigged patches into etc, I will be amazed if dye pen has not made it through to the other side :D

I am certainly no Chris Hazel.

yet
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

Having seen the way the underside of the bows is fastened on, I would say that something had gone very, very wrong.. ;) ;)
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
Techteam

Post by Techteam »

It's not a criticism,It must be just me, those screws are doing my head in. I must have OCD and you cannot even see one of them ! Which is even worse. I've just spend the better part of 10 minutes thinking about the combinations of alignment. It's Mikes fault for aligning them so perfectly.