Warby's Spirit of Australia II

lsrdatabase

Re: Warby's Spirit of Australia II

Post by lsrdatabase »

Hi All,
Did anyone manage to copy the latest Warby Video. I see it's gone now. I screen saved a few stills off the first one but only got three shots from the latest, before I had to turn-in (02.10am) last nigh, or rather this morning I suppose.

Fingers crossed, Fred.
wbjohn

Post by wbjohn »

Just watched the videos, outstanding Ken, the boat just wants to skim the water. Well done lads and good luck Dave on the next outing now you have a feel of the boat. It's perfect but will have to do đź‘Ť
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

I am definitely no expert, but the boat seems to be the epitome of "if it looks right"...

Things that strike me are the very stable posture of the boat in the water, the absolute symmetry of the wake and and the absence of any instability - for example, no "tramping" like K7 tended to. Transition from displacement to planing also seems very smooth. It looks absolutely magnificent !

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
jonwrightk7

Post by jonwrightk7 »

I totally agree with you Rob, the boat really does look "The business". Who could argue with the design ability of Ken, Dave and their team..
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

I can't add anything to what's already been said, except that I can't wait to see that boat fulfil its potential.
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

Looking at the lift post the second run, is the Spirit taking on water as ballast?

Sure did let a bit out once lifted out of the water.
Just cos my username is Thunderer, doesn't necessarily mean I SHOUT !!
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"
Blowtorch

Post by Blowtorch »

No ballast, just water over the transom from the surf on the dam. Too windy to run any real speed.
Back again Nov 18/19 for workup runs and celebrate 40 years owning the record, November 20.
Yes, there will be one hell of a party in Tumut with all the gang.
Richie

Post by Richie »

She certainly does look the part...... like a highly evolved version of K7
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

Funny that.....

I was thinking the Spirit looked like an evolved version of K7 from the angles of the photos.....
Just cos my username is Thunderer, doesn't necessarily mean I SHOUT !!
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

More test running- looking good!
Well done to the Warbys but from our perspective, more importantly... Is it only me who did the numbers? He's pushing 300kmh, which, in English is about 180mph on a stretch of water 1500m long, (English = a smoot under a mile).

Now then, we have a mile and a half on Loch Fad... A different performance envelope, admittedly, but once we get a handle on speeding up and slowing down I see interesting possibilities.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.