Pic of the Day

jonwrightk7

Re: Pic of the Day

Post by jonwrightk7 »

There aren't many things that Rob has inserted for the first and last time... But this was one of them! :D :D
The world is full of Kings and Queens; who blind your eyes, then steal your dreams..
rob565uk

Post by rob565uk »

I am saying nothing ;)

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

jonwrightk7 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:43 pm There aren't many things that Rob has inserted for the first and last time... But this was one of them! :D :D
With the conotations that post conjures up, it is, perhaps, a good decision not to make a comment on it, other than "ooer missus" !
Just cos my username is Thunderer, doesn't necessarily mean I SHOUT !!
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"
Blackplate

Post by Blackplate »

Cool picture today. Love it.
pmc

Post by pmc »

Progress defies words, as ever over past some years.

Apart from color, iirc there was something specially slippery about the original bottom paint. Any thoughts about replicating that or not?
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

I think it was a graphite paint originally but I don't think it did that much for performance...
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Andrew453

Post by Andrew453 »

Ah Graphspeed - I remember covering the bottom of GP14s with it back in my rag and stick days (a very long time ago). Expensive stuff, and I don't recall it making a whit of difference.
Richie

Post by Richie »

Andrew453 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:17 pm Ah Graphspeed - I remember covering the bottom of GP14s with it back in my rag and stick days (a very long time ago). Expensive stuff, and I don't recall it making a whit of difference.
sailing the wrong boat Andrew ;)
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
Andrew453

Post by Andrew453 »

It was a passing phase, Richie, part of a mis-spent, wind-assisted youth. I've been all internal combustion for several decades now! :lol:
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Nice to see the teeth back under the nose. They're one of those jobs we dipped in and out of for years - a bit of welding here, some dressing and filing there, then put them down for months on end. I could never find all of them at the same time, either. Was always convinced we'd somehow lost one or more of them but they've finally made their way back all safe and sound. Well chuffed with that.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.