Press Release

Renegadenemo

Press Release

Post by Renegadenemo »

OK, one and all. We'll soon be calling on your help.

There's a press release on the way so here's what we want you to do. Pretty much every media outlet these days wants info emailed straight to the news room so make it your mission to get the news room address of every local paper, TV and radio station and then everything else besides all the way up to the BBC, CNN and Sky so when we post the release here you can all make sure that whole world is saturated with it. Got it? You'll get it ahead of anyone else.

Stand by to stand by...

Bill
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
midlife

Re: Press Release

Post by midlife »

Can we breathe yet?
Cheers
Wayne

Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

Were all tuning Bluebird Blue holding our breath for this press release .......hope it comes soon :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Were all tuning Bluebird Blue holding our breath for this press release .......hope it comes soon :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Just a few more days and some boxes left to tick. Hope everyone has rooted out their local media newsrooms and jotted down a list of contacts for,

'Were you involved? Did you see anything? If so we'd like to hear from you'.

I remember when we started this, we had to get hold of fax number after fax number and feed page after page into a groaning machine all day in the hope that some of it would stick - it usually did but it was a lot of hard work compared to to today's way of the news media Hoovering up everything in sight. Downside is that they get tons of crap they don't want so the difficulty of landing your release on target has gone away to be replaced with the problem of having someone spot the quality items amongst their deluge of would-be news.
Thankfully, our track record of providing interesting human-interest stories and quality updates means that we have excellent relations with the established outlet so we're hopefully OK in that respect as ours is an uplifting tale for the nation amidst an unhappy sea of Brexit and rampant terrorism.

But there's still lots left for everyone and we can't have too much publicity so go add to our coverage by being ready to fire the release at that list of local rags, TV stations and radio presenters plus all your social media. You could also, if you wanted to, add your name to the release, your opinions and why you're enthused and you may well end up on the box or in the paper too.

Why not? Go for it.

Bill

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Okay, boys & girls. Here it is. Do your worst.

Press Release

Campbell’s Bluebird to Dip Her Toes in Scottish Loch.

A mere thirty minute ferry ride from Glasgow lies the Isle of Bute, an exquisite, cookie-cut piece of premium Scotland in all its beauty dropped into the Clyde within easy reach and the location of many an enjoyable fishing and diving holiday for Bluebird Project leader, Bill Smith.

Rich in heritage – Ettrick Bay on its west coast was the site of the first powered flight in Scotland and the training ground for soldiers destined for the D-Day landings whilst the midget submarine X-Craft, aimed at battleship Tirpitz, limbered up on the other side of the island in Rothesay Bay. But, most importantly for the Bluebird Project, is the mile and a half of flat, secluded water striking through the middle of the isle – Loch Fad.

Bluebird K7 – Donald Campbell’s legendary jet hydroplane, in build for the past ten years, is now almost complete and ready to take to the water once more. Her long anticipated resurrection, upon which she will again run at speed for demonstration purposes before going on public display, awaits only an invitation to operate on a suitable waterway with Coniston Water being the team’s first choice. But before that she must be thoroughly worked back to fighting fitness along with her operating team.

After considering various UK bodies of water, the Bluebird Project team decided that Loch Fad would be the ideal location for our crew training exercise. We are thrilled that, after extensive consultation with a wide range of stakeholders on the island, agreement was reached to travel to Bute in August 2018, with assistance from the British Army, to get Bluebird K7 waterborne again and under her own power for the first time in over half a century as an integral part of bringing this iconic craft, along with her historic, educational and inspirational value back to the forefront of the public conscience.

Notes to Editors.

Bluebird K7 has been in-build since December 2008 and Loch Fad will be the first time she has been afloat and under her own power since the morning of January 4th 1967
Contacts – BBP
Office 0191 2964295 We will be available for phone interviews for most of the day and for filming, etc. after 15:00

Contacts – Mount Stuart Trust
Mr Colin Boag. 01700 503877

Picture credits - Mike Bull. Please call us if you would like any additional pic's and we'll mail them to you.
Blue Paint.JPG
Cockpit.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Techteam

Post by Techteam »

Congrats to all the team, Great News, she looks fantastic.
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Was on at 7.40! Great news great piece and love your honesty bill! She’s difficult!!
ace_chris

Post by ace_chris »

Thanks Mike, she looks a ma zing!
no1traumanurse

Post by no1traumanurse »

Looking absolutely stunning as we all knew she would. Sky were suitably in awe. Well done everyone and take big hugs when you think it’s appropriate.
midlife

Post by midlife »

I don't know what I was expecting to be in the press release, I had enough time to ponder the subject though (while holding my breath).
All I can say is, you guys have exceeded my expectations by a country mile!!
I'm not embarrassed to say I shed a tear or two when I saw the images, they dragged me back to my childhood (yes ok, everything was black & white) when everyone was proud to be British.
Thanks Bill & the entire team for returning this feeling to me, I've been through some dark times recently & this has really boosted my morale!
Thanks
Wayne
Edit, I've never sent a press release out before, I think I've got the whole of Lancashire covered now:)
Last edited by midlife on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.