New Members

rob565uk

Re: New Members

Post by rob565uk »

Well I am determined to grow old disgracefully :-)

1 in 10 people understands binary. The other one doesn't
Jordangbr

Post by Jordangbr »

Had a hard paper round Mike
Bangers!
You must have known I was coming!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Hi Dean,

It was a pleasure doing a spot of plant-fitting with you the other morning, been many years since I messed with scruffy machinery. As you can see, they're all crackers in here.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
Dean Brown

Post by Dean Brown »

Yeah mate they sound like a good bunch. If your needing a extra hand just give me a shout. Looking forward to coming along. Just give me a message :D
ExcelsiorUK

Post by ExcelsiorUK »

Hello, thanks for letting me in! As I'm sure is true for many others, my association with the Lakes started when it became the family's staple summer holidays location for many years. Up hills, on lakes, reading rings off swans' legs. Decades later I married in the Lakes, and we had part of our reception on SY Gondola on Coniston. We try and visit every time we come across.

I recall the news of Bluebird's recovery but until recently I wasn't aware of the restoration project. So why join now? I shall expand elsewhere if I can find a sensible thread, otherwise I'll start another if that's OK...

Cheers
Andy
Jeff.flindall

Bluebird visit

Post by Jeff.flindall »

Hi, I grew up with this story from 4 years old and I’m so pleased that you are breathing life into her.
Is there any chance a friend of mine and I could come and see her?
I realise you’re busy and it’s a workshop but only being 49 mins down the road it’s too close not to if it’s possible?
Regards
Jeff
AGC

Post by AGC »

Hi All,

Short time lurker here, my name is Angelo and I am located in the West Midlands. I'm a 55 year old petrolhead with eyetie leanings.

After recently finding your site I have worked through all (I think!) the BBP website, updates, newsletter, You Tube etc. I am honestly astounded at your skills and unrelenting work, positivity and bloodymindedness to get this amazing and historic project to where it is. Well done all.

A few observations...

Bill Smith should get a gong for what he and his team have achieved through the years with this beautiful boat. They should all be very proud of their legacy to this country.

Yet another classic case of the bureaucrats versus the do-ers and visionaries, the same challenges that Brunel, Churchill and probably every great Briton had to overcome. Then there is the enormity of this engineering task with no multi million pound kitty.

It feels that DC and K7 have waited patiently for people of your skills and drive to continue the story of this vital part of our history.

You guys have done the impossible bits, let's hope the Coniston worthies wake up in time. At least our Scottish friends know a good thing..

Just my 10p worth,

Angelo

Rule Britannia etc :D
midlife

Post by midlife »

Welcome along Angelo, I couldn't have put it better myself[.]
Cheers
Wayne

Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Hi Angelo,

Welcome to the fold. You'd better not be good looking. It's well known that my wife has a thing for older Eyeties...

Seriously, though, thanks for the kind words but if there's any gongs going they'd better mint one for each and every member of the team. Fair's fair.

Bill
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
AGC

Post by AGC »

Hi Bill and Wayne,

Thanks for the welcome.

Don't worry too much Bill I am more Danny De Vito than Danny Zuko these day...

Honestly I hope you ALL get the recognition you deserve.

I look forward to seeing her doing her thing whether its Bute, Coniston or wherever. Good luck and keep up the great work.