Return to the Water

kneeslider

Re: Return to the Water

Post by kneeslider »

Even though I am no expert when it comes to dealing with the likes of the LDNPA, I recognize only too well their (and those of their ilk...) SOP when it comes to dealing with something new that they haven't encountered before.

After trying to find as many ways as possible to prevent event X from happening, then they have to go about claiming that this wasn't what they wanted at all, and that the other party who want event X to happen are the ones to blame and the source of all the unreasonableness.

Its classic 'owning the message' in the parlance of our time. Wasn't this the outcome from your previous adventure with a certain WWII naval aeroplane?

Tread very carefully when dealing with professional bureaucrats, this is their game, and the one which they are good at, to the exclusion of all else. It is easy to criticize their mentality when your mindset is all about getting things done. Their mindset is all about justifying their own existence and proliferating their own kind and the cost of employing them. You only have to look at the state of the world to see how good they are at this.

To beat them requires incredible persistence and rigour and logic and patience. All qualities that the BBP have in spades. At the end of the day just keep on asking why you can't take the boat for a paddle at Coniston? Its up to them to tell you, and then you have to knock down their argument publicly.

The best of British Luck!
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Malcolm spent ten years speaking fluent bureaucrat only to have the LDNPA basically tell lies as they moved the goalposts - now they'll have to redeem themselves or they lose.
The WWII aircraft would be on display by now had we been left well alone instead of being told we had to insure their bits of scrap for £50K a time. The bureaucrats scored a spectacular own-goal that time!
We've no intention of trying to deal with them - they should have more sense. If they want this they can come and ask us and tell us how they're going to facilitate it. If the don't, they won't get it - simples...
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
kneeslider

Post by kneeslider »

You still need to make sure that everyone knows this though. The spinners will be out in force to protect their own rear ends. They will never think that they have lost because in their eyes, you have failed to jump through all their hoops.

Be prepared for weapons grade bull from the LDNPA who will say that the reason for K7 not running on Coniston is because you have been unreasonable.

Personally, I think that the way that they have all behaved, they don't deserve to have K7 running on their lake. Scotland is a much better prospect, and I say that as a born and bred Cumbrian, who knows the area well, even though I haven't lived there for 20+ years. I had to leave if I wanted to make a living!

I hope to be able to see you all in Scotland later in the year, but its all work dependent. Hopefully I can do something to help out.
Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

The main thing here is not to loose sight of the ultimate goal and thats to see Bluebird plane on open water and hear her run on whatever body of water lets you .
The distance you guys have come since pulling the wreck out of the lake is beyond comprehension and you can look at all the nay sayers and pencil pushers who stood and continue to stand in your way and those who said it couldnt be done and say “we told you so”
Remember there is no such word as cant .
Forget the beauractic whiners who all they do all day is push paper and pencil to justify there existence .
You guys are achievers and you are very close to achieving your goal .
You can and rightly should be extremely proud of what you have done .
Focus on the prize its within sight .
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
Healey nut

Post by Healey nut »

Has anyone sent the link of the latest BBP video to the a%&#@y retentive pencil pushing beauracrats at the LDNPA .
Maybe they need to see what you guys have acheived . Remarkable doesnt even come close .
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Has anyone sent the link of the latest BBP video to the a%&#@y retentive pencil pushing bureaucrats at the LDNPA?
It would maketh no difference because they could ooh and ahhh to their heart's content about how good the work is, there's still no drop-down menu or form to fill in at Bureaucrat Central to invite the BBP.

Now, let's suppose... Imagine if they were able to suddenly appreciate the extent of their peril. Doubtful, I know, but what if?

Suppose that an epiphany enabled them to see the opportunity for what it is and how only they had missed it thus far, that their own children might want to thank Mummy and Daddy for such an exciting experience before yakking on about it with their equally excited mates when they got back to school. That they'd better hurry up and invite us to stick a pin in the calendar.

OK - so we're into fantasy land at this point. But don't worry, because they'd soon make a balls of it all over again.
In the above scenario they'd pitch some possibly acceptable date our way expecting a big, yes, and hugs and the BBP to then rush off and mend everything else. Except the ball would remain firmly in their court. There would still be no 'application' from us because we're not messing about with their 31 potential whiners. We don't have 'authority' in our title - they do - so it's their problem, not ours. Nor are we the least bit interested in their Portaloo or traffic management issues so those fall to whoever is bothered about traffic or tourists defecating where they oughtn't. Our responsibility begins with arriving in town with a big blue boat and ends with operating it successfully and safely within the 'event' we're invited to.

In simple terms, the LDNPA / Coniston must apply to us and not the other way around. They still get first refusal, they always have and I sincerely hope their bid is the winning one but don't come asking without the full package.

Techteam

Post by Techteam »

After the brilliant job everybody did alerting the press the last time why are we all discussing this just on the forum. Why don't we sick the press on the LDNPA and then see what happens. The press seem to love kicking an official body at the moment.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

After the brilliant job everybody did alerting the press the last time why are we all discussing this just on the forum. Why don't we sick the press on the LDNPA and then see what happens. The press seem to love kicking an official body at the moment.
Because ours is a success story, an uplifting tale of hard work and determination overcoming adversity. We could have buried the LDNPA alive had we so chosen and the news media knows exactly what's going on, several reporters discussed it with me off the record, they're not daft. Nope - we watch and wait. Bureaucrats don't need the likes of us to bury them, they'll do that all on their own. And then, you see, they can't blame us.

Techteam

Post by Techteam »

Fairey Snuff
Steve

Post by Steve »

The water boils around Mr Smith yet he gets on with the painting.it's the quiet one's you watch. Fair play