New Members

MHanley

Re: New Members

Post by MHanley »

Hi,

I've been following in the shadows for a good while, I saw Bill give a great lecture on the project back in 2011 when he visited Barrow in Furness. He even had a pizza delivered to the back of the theatre for afterwards!

I quite possible don't know the first thing about K7 but I am a Chartered Engineer working here in Barrow as a Submarine Systems Engineer for BAE Systems. I've certainly solved my fair share of Design, Build, Commissioning and Sea Trials issues over the last ~10 years mainly but not limited to hydraulic systems and other sneaky stuff which cannot be discussed.

I'm excited by the prospect of some trial runs in Bute and ultimately a run down Coniston would be right up my street.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Hi there...
Remember that gig really well as we all had pizza and finally had to stop in Glenridding on our way home for a glass of Coke because we were all car-sick.
Great evening out.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
StoneRoad

Post by StoneRoad »

Been lurking for months ...
so maybe I had better post something !
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Hi StoneRoad, welcome to the forum.
I see that, like myself, you have also joined the Historic Military Vehicle Forum.

You will find much interesting discussion on both. 😀
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Richie

Post by Richie »

MLU all the way guys :D
"You can screw a man down until he takes to drinking......take me to the fantastic place..."
mickday

Post by mickday »

Hi All,

I have been on the forum for a while and have never said hi.

I have always had an interest in Bluebird K7 since I was a kid although I am too young to actually remember the events as they happened I I was not born until 1968.

I am very much looking forward to seeing her return to the water in August and will be travelling up to Bute hoping to see her. I also hope the difficulties with LDNPA can one day be ironed out so she can return back to Coniston for fast run or two.

I am also in the process of completing a turbine powered 1:5 scale model of K7 which I am hoping to get onto the water this year as well

Keep up the great work Bill et al.
Isisthewatcher

Post by Isisthewatcher »

Hi everyone, I have been a fan of BlueBird for yrs I talk mostly of the old BlueBird when the late Donald Cambell was going for speed records ,I was at work listening to him on the radio when the tragic accident happened ,up untill recently I had,not realised BB was being rebuilt it was pure luck I came across this site I'm very happy and. excited about the rebirth and hope everything goes well.i will be waiting for updates .bye for now
JefL

Post by JefL »

Hi everyone.
I've been lurking for a while and thought it time to join.
DC was my boyhood hero, I was never into football and stuff. I remember all too well the evening news that January day all those years ago, a programme I rarely watched, I cried. I was twelve.
I have on and off followed the project since the discovery of the wreck.
The latest news from Loch Fad is just brilliant, well done to the team.

Jef
pasotibbs2

Post by pasotibbs2 »

Well done to the team, I've been watching for a while now and spreading the word to family,workmates and on other forums (amazing how many people have missed this), wish I could be there.
VdGGfan

Post by VdGGfan »

I have already posted (once) on the forum, but browsing the topics I see in the Welcome/Forum Guidelines page Mike's invitation to say "Hi" in this section, so I take the opportunity of doing so here .
I have lived on the Isle of Bute for 35 years, but am originally from Glasgow where I lived for 30 years before that.
I was 12 years old when Donald Campbell died in the accident and remember vividly seeing the b&w footage on the news.
As a child I owned a diecast model of the Bluebird-Proteus CN7, which looked futuristic enough, but the K7 was like something otherworldly.
When I heard she had been rebuilt and was being brought here, I really became interested.
I watched Bluebird arrive, witnessed the launch, unfortunately missed the first live run due to work commitments, but spent most of my spare time during the fortnight at Loch Fad, where I was privileged to see her in action on quite a few occasions.
Now that Bluebird has left the island, it all seems rather surreal, so much so that I almost need to pinch myself to confirm what really happened.
It really was a magical two weeks and the whole team were so approachable and keen to share their knowledge and enthusiasm for the project.
I shall continue to follow the BBP with interest and hopefully contribute to this forum.
Meanwhile every best wish to Team Bluebird; I know there is still much work to be done, but keep at it - you played a blinder on Bute!

Douglas