Return to the Water

Renegadenemo

Re: Return to the Water

Post by Renegadenemo »

Perhaps the under cover of darkness Ninja thing could be saved for sneaking K7 into the Ruskin?
That's another matter altogether. The boat can only go in there once the contracts and agreements are set in stone so we can be sure of getting her back out whenever we like for anti-det work, charitable events and that sort of thing. No way will she be wheeled in there, the door closed behind her and that's that. I'll personally build a Campbell/Bluebird museum on Tyneside and display her to the public here before that ever happens.
I'm only a plumber from Cannock...

"As to reward, my profession is its own reward;" Sherlock Holmes.

'It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.' W.C. Fields.
longarmedgibbon

Post by longarmedgibbon »

Need to put a 3d 360 view camera on teds helmet
mtskull

Post by mtskull »

Renegadenemo wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:13 am Frankly, it's sad as sad can be if we have to creep up on running on Coniston to satisfy those with a rose-tinted view of it all behind the backs of those who ought to have the balls to facilitate it in the first place.
Very sad indeed and also somewhat self-defeating with regards to the aim of demonstrating the boat to and inspiring as many people, of all ages, as possible.
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

It's sad in that the proving trial is unlikely to be held on Coniston Water but they can still facilitate our inspiring the next generation by publicly releasing us to do it elsewhere.
That would be the hardest pill to try and swallow, if they did nothing to do justice to all this effort yet refused to allow an enthusiastic alternate partner to pick up the baton in their stead and without argument. Hopefully this will all come out in the wash.

kevrust

Post by kevrust »

Hi Bill. I never imagined the trouble you were having with the LDNPA, I think it's so wrong after the work you have put in to this project.After the lottery balls up, i find it hard to understand how can so many people be so blinkered. this must be a lifeline to some of the people of Coniston,I feel the world is so mixed up with do gooders and people that can have a say but have no balls, after following you and the team for so long i feel like they are giving me a kicking too, I will definitely support you all i can,i am a mobile mechanic supporting a family, but needs must. you have been at it too long to fail my friend. see you on Bute, Kev.
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

Cheers, Kev. You have indeed been with us a very long time chipping in a few quid as and when you can and ever supportive from the sidelines. Don't think it's gone unnoticed. I'll buy you a pint on Bute.

Healey nut

Re: Isle of Bute

Post by Healey nut »

Hopefully ...........And I say that with reservation........somebody somewhere within the bowels of the LDNPA who can comprehend the English Language will read this and realize what the folks at Bute have done and continue to do for the Bluebird team and the significance of K7 etc and the light bulb will go on and they will get there collective S*#t together and put some effort in returning K7 back to Coniston for the cerimonial run ???
We can live in hope !!
Thats not an oil leak , its my patent pending Old British Sports Car rustproofing system . :mrgreen:
rich1608

Post by rich1608 »

Healey nut wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:07 pm Hopefully ...........And I say that with reservation........somebody somewhere within the bowels of the LDNPA who can comprehend the English Language will read this and realize what the folks at Bute have done and continue to do for the Bluebird team and the significance of K7 etc and the light bulb will go on and they will get there collective S*#t together and put some effort in returning K7 back to Coniston for the cerimonial run ???
We can live in hope !!
It will be interesting to see if there is even a hint of attitudes softening at the LDNPA following all the publicity around Bute. The question of why it's Bute and not Coniston will inevitably be asked by many people especially those running tourism businesses up in the Lakes (which is quite a lot) and pressure on the LDNPA to carpe diem will only increase. As you say we can and do live in hope.
thunderer

Post by thunderer »

FWIW, I personally hope that the LDNPA realise just how much of a balls-up they have made and recognise just how much of an "attraction" (and I use the term with reservation) they have missed out on due to their own short-sightedness and how much up their own backsides they have, so far, been.

The open-armed welcome, support and offers of help from all areas of Bute community really are such a breath of fresh air in the quagmire of beuracratic BS that seem so entrenched within the LDNPA.

I really do wish you all the very best for the training exercise. I wish I could be there to show my support but alas, previous arrangements have clashed meaning I can only be with you in spirit.

I hope DC will be smiling down and having the odd chuckle at the inevitable mishaps that may occur (dropped spanners, grazed knuckles, K7 misbehaving et-al).
Just cos my username is Thunderer, doesn't necessarily mean I SHOUT !!
"A vehicle is designed to be used, restored or otherwise" A personal response on the question "you have just restored it, why use it?"
Renegadenemo

Post by Renegadenemo »

FWIW, I personally hope that the LDNPA realise just how much of a balls-up they have made and recognise just how much of an "attraction" (and I use the term with reservation) they have missed out on due to their own short-sightedness and how much up their own backsides they have, so far, been.

The open-armed welcome, support and offers of help from all areas of Bute community really are such a breath of fresh air in the quagmire of beuracratic BS that seem so entrenched within the LDNPA.
That is perhaps just a little unfair on the LDNPA (yes, I just said that out loud) Agreed, they fit that description perfectly but they should have been long-since dragged kicking and screaming out of their own backsides by a community united and determined to mine every last ounce out of their unique opportunity, which is exactly what the good people of Bute are doing. Not that there's been anything other than the greatest of support from every organisation concerned up there but the silliness of the LDNPA ought to have been crushed out long ago by the juggernaut that Coniston should be driving their way.